ARRGG!! NTFS for MAC 10.0 slowed my LION to a halt! This really is bad!!!

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by coloradodv, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coloradodv

coloradodv Registered Member

I have LION 10.7.4 running on an mac pro 2,1 - I thought I could upgrade to mountain lion, but was mistaken, in that, I seen the update for NTFS for mac come up, so I loaded it. - what! It is a sad tragedy! Made my mac useless! I cannot do simple functions, anytime I have my drives that are NTFS plugged in the mac slows down to a crawl. - Very frustrating.

It was running fine on 9.5.3 or whatever the last build was. but when I tried to revert back, I still get the same crawl. - very sad, as it makes my mac unusable.

How do I completely remove every hint of ntfs for mac, (without crashing anything) and get back to the place where it was working so so wello_O

I want to cry in the fetal position when my mac has a hiccup like this, I have dozens of terabytes worth of clients data that is mission critical for me to keep accessible and backed up. - SO that part is good, what is bad, is that I cannot get to my clients data at all now.

Please help oh Paragon Genius Genie in the bottle!

:D

Geo

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

If you are looking to uninstall the NTFS for Mac software simply open the folder containing the download and within the software there is an uninstall feature.

3. mthomas1a

mthomas1a Registered Member

I to have a similar circumstance. I have a iMac 27" 2.8 GHz i5 running version 10.7.4 with a recent upgrade to NTFS for Mac 10.0.

In my case, I am attempting to back up to an NTFS formatted external drive, and where successful in the past, I cannot complete the task now. Since the upgrade to NTFS for Mac 10.0, when I mount the external drive, Finder’s CPU usage goes through the roof, and the system becomes unusable. If I try to un-mount the drive, I cannot. If I unplug the drive, then kill Finder in the terminal, then the system resumes normal behavior.

If I disable the NTFS for Mac driver in System Preferences, then mount the drive, it mounts immediately and Finder behaves normally. Of course the reason I bought the Paragon Driver was to write to this drive. I hope your answer is more complete than simply uninstall NTFS for Mac and doing without.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.