ARP poisioning message

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by andrejko, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrejko

andrejko Registered Member

hi,

I tested ESET Smart security and when installed on computer I could not connect to internet. I was getting 2 notifications:
    - problem with IP (192.168.1.1), something like that two computers have the same IP
    - ARP poisioning

There is MSE instaled on other computers on LAN and they are all normaly connected to internet. There is possibility that MSE overlooked some virus or something and I am getting notification of ARP poisioning. What should I do to resolve this issue?

I am more confused about IP problem. As I understand if IP problem occures and two computers have same IP address one should change it automaticly right? It still confuses me why am I geting IP of modem (192.168.1.1) with IP problem notification?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. guest

guest Guest

i had the same issue until i change the IP adress of my Wifi router (connected as bridge to the main basic modem).

i think you should manually set the 2nd computer (or hub or router, i don't know your network) with another IP.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does enabling pre-release updates and updating the firewall module to v1116 make a difference? Are you positive that each device in the network has a unique IP address assigned?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.