Arovax Shield Version 2.0.70 [as of December 14 2006]

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by btman, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hey btman, how have you been? I was wondering if you could answer just a few questions. I saw that the latest version of Arovax Shield is causing high PC usage when using Firefox. Do you think this will be true for all systems, or more of a glitch on just a few? I was ready to try the new version but didn't yet because of this. I like AS very much and want to use it. What's your thoughts?

2. btman

btman Registered Member

I don't notice the lag in internet speed, or anything really but when I did notice Arovax was taking PC usage was while listening to videos (Yes only listening, this is like live bands and stuff, so i don't need to see the performance again) in Winamp... I go to change the song but Winamp starts lagging, and so does the video a bit. Sometimes the song skips a little but not often.. I hit Ctrl alt delete... and I notice Arovax Shield is taking up the PC usage.

If you turn off the FF cookie guard in Arovax Shield, the PC usage stays low.

I'm not sure if it happens on every PC and so far one other user (who uses FF obviously) has said something.

While looking further into this... I sent a video of Arovax Shields PC usage to Arovax Support showing how when loading a page in FF it goes up for like 5 seconds.. Then after the page is loaded it goes back down to 0, but I haven't gotten a respond on this yet.

But yeah, I only notice the lag while watching vids in Winamp, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. It's weird lol.

Otherwise yeah, if you want to do regular activities on your computer, the A-Shield should not interfere with anything, or slow your pc at all.

Oh and I've been great lol. (I've edited this post like 8 times ><)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  3. duke1959

Thanks btman, I may try it along with my AVG ISS. Or I may uninstall the Spyware Component in it and just use Arovax Shield for my AS protection since I use FF with NoScript. The Spyware Component seems to cause some lag when starting up, and never catches anything, plus it runs very high in pc usage. Doesn't seem to slow down the PC in any other way, but I feel Arovax Shield may be better protection for FF.

4. btman

btman Registered Member

If you do, I hope you have only good experiences with Arovax Shield in 2007. Happy New Year.

5. btman

btman Registered Member

New Arovax Shield Beta!

Version 2.1.82 beta [January 26 2007]

* New: "New system of monitoring files and folders. Now it works on kernel mode."
    * New: "Now Arovax Shield detects what process name tray get access to files and folders."
    * New: "Now Arovax Shield is saving the settings after update."

Great program... Right now though some users (like myself) are reporting that it may conflict with the latest version of Comodo Firewall. If you are experiencing the freezing a temporary fix is to go into Comodo and deselect Security->Advanced->Misc.->Protect own keys and files from unathorized modifications should fix the issue.
    That is from Comodo support :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  6. guest

guest Guest

Arovax is like Cyberhawko_O Which is better??

7. btman

btman Registered Member

Hey guest,

You can use both products together with no problems several users have indicated.

I don't use Cyberhawk, but I like Arovax products because they listen to ideas and have many releases fixing bugs (as you can see from all the other beta's in this thread).

I would suggest installing Arovax Shield from www.arovaxshield.com or the new beta version from http://forum.arovax.com/showthread.php?p=5630#post5630 and please post your opinions on the Arovax forum too! You may like both products and decide to keep them both, or you might choose to uninstall one of them... They are both great programs and hopefully they will both keep improving.

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I don´t get it, so now AS also monitors files and folders. But for what exactly? It does sound cool though. :blink:

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

They are very slow and their support is very bad... :thumbd:

10. btman

btman Registered Member

Re: Arovax Shield Version 2.0.90

Vampiric Crow... I agree right now... But I was talking mainly for A-Shield because it is going at a decent pace.
    Arovax Shield 2.1.90 beta!

* New: "Much faster Firefox cookies scan."
    * New: "Now Arovax Shield defines the process which tries to change the hosts file."
    * New: "New technology "SDT-Antipatch"."
    * New: "Arovax Shield is now fully compatible with Windows Server 2003 on the x86 platform."
    * Fixed: "Startup folder monitoring problems in Windows 2000."
    * Fixed: "Problems with Terminal Service."
    * Fixed: "Crash while exiting Arovax Shield in Windows 2000."
    * Fixed: "Problems during moving the files to startup folder."
    PS: If your copy of Arovax Shield does load your CPU too much during work with Firefox - please try this version of AS.

Download @

http://forum.arovax.com/showthread.php?p=6040#post6040

Enjoy!

And mods.. Can you change the title to this version? Or have it so I can...Or give me the person I should PM to change it... Or something of the likes.

11. btman

btman Registered Member

Re: Arovax Shield 2.0.62 FINAL!

Someone asked on the Arovax Forums and got this:
    "Click for Start button -> Run -> type gpedit.msc and click Ok. Then in the left panel choise User Configuration -> Administrative Templates, select for example Start Menu and Taskbar and in right part of window make double-click of any item. Then select Enable and click Ok and you get alert-dialog of Arovax Shield."

Sorry for a late... Actual answer lol. I had no clue. Rasheed, and any other users... From this point on until Arovax gets a representative here I'll post your questions on the Arovax Forums and will post the replies here.

Rasheed I posted your question like 3 posts above on the Arovax forums and will get you the reply asap.

12. duke1959

Thanks btman, I saw this in the AS forum, but will ask here exactly what am I doing if I follow those instructions? It seems a little confusing, but then again I haven't tried it yet. I appreciate some input.

13. btman

btman Registered Member

Rasheed Arovax Shield had monitered Startup folders (So you can stop things from loading on startup...Some malware/rogue programs can try to load on startup) and hosts file for a while. (Which I think a hijacked host file can send users to malicious sites, and can also block users from going to good sites ... Like here incase they want help because they are infected) In the 2.1.82 it was just a new system of monitoring the folders that works in kernel mode now.

And so with A-Shield you can stop things from loading in startup folders/allow them and stop/allow changes to your hosts file. Depending on if you choose stop/allow obviously lol.

Duke1959 Arovax support said
    And not sure if I said this above but all of these versions work with the latest version of Comodo Firewall and do not conflict anymore.

The next version of A-Shield should stop all SpyCar tests. This version fails one.

14. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

@ btman,

Thanks for the reply but currently I´m not really interested in AS, compared to other tools it´s not really that advanced, and the bad support plus vague alert windows are a bit annoying. :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.