Arovax Shield best for Safe Surfer

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by duke1959, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

With Firefox, and McAfee SiteAdvisor as my Browser and Guide, I'm not sure I really need a resident Antispyware. I have never been hit with Spyware, or a Virus using Firerfox, and I think that Arovax Shield is enough for the average safe surfer. It covers some important areas of the PC, is low on resources, and stops many Firefox cookies to boot. I believe Arovax Shield along with AVG Free 7.5 and Windows XP Firewall would be a very good and safe low resource combo, and even safer with a Router Firewall added. Then maybe add in AVG Anti-Spyware Free and SuperAntiSpyware Free as on demand, and your good to go. All these extra programs running like, Third Party Firewalls,CIPS, HIPS, and Resource using Antispyware programs just slow down the PC, and what do they really prevent if your a Safe Surfer who never gets hit with anything to begin with?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

for a safe surfer having those extra software doesnt help much, and IMHO u can also do without Arovax Shield. well i could anyways.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yes thats a 'very' low resource using combo which would suffice for the average user imo.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Arovax Shield is a good option if you can't use something else, already talked on this forum...

5. gevin

gevin Registered Member

agreed. my choice will be FireFox + build-your-own-free-suit(AVG Free or Antivir Free + Arovax Shield + Codomo FW pro) is good enough for safe surfer. A free on-demand scan AS(SuperAntispyware free or AVG Antispyware free) will be good for 2nd layer, on & off you will or will not scan your PC. :p. 3rd layer, if you really need it, CIPS/HIPS (cyberhawk or SSM free) will be perfect.

i know, i know one will say, i am safest guy, need only a web browser. but waht if...:blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.