Arovax: has anyone tried this software?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by khazars, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khazars

khazars Registered Member

hi all, I came across this beta software at majorgeeks. It has an antispywware programme and a seperate shield which protects IE & Firefox, protects from tracking cookies and protects the hosts file and also against hijacks!

The antispyware only scans for 4000 odd files and scans in like seconds, both are beta but they have said they will be free when they come out of beta!

http://www.arovaxcompany.com/products/arovaxantispyware/index.html

2. drkoopz

drkoopz Registered Member

I tried out their Antispyware app awhile ago and I didn't like it. Found it too simple, and scanning went wayyy too fast for my liking. Arovax also has a tendency to use scare tactics on their Arovax Shield webpage, and then fill you with a false sense of security about their product.

So yeah, I think the company is a bit rough around the edges, and the Antispyware isn't my favorite; I do think the shield is nice in a diet HIPs kinda way. Although Spybot's Tea Timer along with it's collection of tools offer similar functionality along with a better scanner than what Arovax has to offer.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Once upon a time, I used Avorax Shield for awhile, but I don't know what it does and against what it protects me.
    Avorax Shield is a mystery for me and plays with me instead of the other way round, although some members claim to know what it does. I'm probably not smart enough to use Avorax Shield.
    I have to admit that it saved me from two tracking cookies of my Belgian TV-website, not really exciting, but it DOES something.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

In Nov 2005, on Arovax's website, I asked them WHICH registry hives Arovax covers. My question remains unanswered.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

At work, it's our policy to answer any letter or email, because not answering is impolite and many people consider this as an insult.
    Arovax's website isn't informative either, at least not in the period, I was using their shield. A company with such a poor website doesn't deserve my attention. After 14 days, I ditched Arovax Shield. :)

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I use Arovax Shield to know when a program wants to start with windows...

About the Arovax AntiSpyware, only scans for know malware, that is why is so fast, and is still in early development...
    Could be nice to remove some spyware quicly, but not for use as unique tool to remove spyware...

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I think Arovax Shield is a nice tool, at the moment it´s one of the few tools that can spot changes to my Startup folder, ZA Pro can not do this for some reason, at least not on my machine. And it´s actually not that hard to figure out which registry areas it´s protecting, but sometimes I do get "strange" warnings so yes it would be nice if the developers gave a bit more info. ;)

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  8. khazars

khazars Registered Member

ok cheers guys for the feedback, I will use the shield but have already uninstalled the antispyware programe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.