Arovax Anti-Spyware 2.0.113!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by btman, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btman

btman Registered Member

It's back! Arovax is still alive and kicking lol. Please download and realize that this is generally new because production has been slow and so detection rates may not be very high but Arovax is determined to improve them. Download and scans are very fast, it's just an on-demand scan and it's free. The real time protection is supposed to come from Arovax Shield a separate program @ www.arovaxshield.com.

Post all your opinions/suggestions of the new version of Arovax Anti-Spyware over here in the appropriate section:

http://forum.arovax.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Have fun testing! And remember to post your opinions so the product may be improved even more in the future!

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks but really I am not so positive.
    Arovax products, development is soooo slow. Not a way to go.
    Also I believe it,s hard to provide a good quality signature based product free u need money for that.
    They should work liks SAS. Give a pro with money and a free on-demand scanner, then they can have money and stimulus to work and develop.
    Besides AS market is so saturated, hard to find lot of customrs etc...

3. btman

btman Registered Member

I'm not positive after running my first scan either o_O, but I will work with them to get my issues fixed.

Development is slow, but it used to be excellent and hopefully it will go back to that soon.

Free products still get $$$... Look @ http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,764.0.html for how Comodo makes money with their Free AV, AS and Firewall.

They have a free on-demand and free realtime program. Arovax Anti-Sypyware for on-demand, and Arovax Shield for realtime.

4. btman

btman Registered Member

Meh? Everyone has programs they like. If your not going to download it, why post in this topic? And I will NEVER deny that there are better scanners than this... But how is this one supposed to become good if no one is going to test and improve it?

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Sorry, as i said. i don,t mean to hurt ur likings/ feelings.
    Sorry again. It was my opinion. If u don,t like, i will delete my post.:)
    Take care

6. btman

btman Registered Member

Lol? xD? Not sure what to say. Your post is fine... But seriously, this post is more offensive then your last one lol. I capitalized never because... I know Arovax Anti-Spywares detection rate at this moment is WAAAAY below average.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am not sure what to do now.
    Actually if u start a thread about a new application , u must expect a response/ feedback, good or bad.
    If i endorse/ introduce a product and some body even says that the product is crap, I am OK unless it,s just a simple bashing.

8. btman

btman Registered Member

Well I agreed with your very statement except these

And then we got a bit off topic hehe :D. Otherwise no harsh bashing really happened. I will wait for more opinions good and bad of this program and other Arovax products and will forward their opinions to Arovax if it seems fit.

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Well! a bit more OT. What about their SmartHide? Nothing new?
    I heard some goodthings about that over here.

10. btman

btman Registered Member

No new versions have came out yet, I don't have any inside scoops... Though I wish I did. All I know is the final version will cost some money and there will be a free limited version though I don't know what the Pro or Paid version has that the free doesn't... It will come in time I guess. But yes it's the biggest project they have going because if the Final is good... It could go pretty big.

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

let,s wait and see.

12. btman

btman Registered Member

Hey there, I just want to say that this latest version has run into some False positives and you can post your scan log here if you have run into some:

http://forum.arovax.com/showthread.php?t=3645

They will release an update to fix it.

13. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

More than 10 false/positives and most probably deleted by newbies and this is called security. My second sigh today. :rolleyes:

14. btman

btman Registered Member

Lol. Thank god it's not a widely used program yet.

15. ErikAlbert

16. btman

btman Registered Member

Somewhere round here... I think on the SUPER Anti-Spyware post... Someone talked about a little BS room :p

17. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

LOL. ;) :D

18. ErikAlbert

I'm glad Arovax HAS a forum. Newbies will need it to get advice how to restore their system after running Avorax Anti-Spyware. ;)

19. btman

btman Registered Member

Enjoy!

20. btman

btman Registered Member

Re: Arovax Anti-Spyware 2.0.153!

Can a mod update the title to say 2.0.153 :)

Enjoy!

www.arovaxantispyware.com

21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I think even when some complaints are viewed as overly harsh or bordering on outright criticism of various softs, like Arovax for example, such scrutiny serves only to better strengthen following versions as they progress along, so long as the issues are genuinely taken seriously and honest efforts are focused to finally correct them.

Whether it's a single home developer all the way to some corporate giant on the scale of a Symantec, software development has it's ups and downs.

Where they often get into trouble is rushing a release that they know still contains issues instead of delaying the release of a project onto the public scenery & taking the chance some or many will be turned off from them completely.

22. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Wise words, this looks totally logical.

Avorax detection engine is a bit crazy imho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.