armor2net

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by enigma, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enigma

enigma Registered Member

Hay all,
    A friend of mine has armour2net for a firewall. Never heard of it! How good is it? I told him to get NPF and he will later. In the mean time hes using armour2net. He wants to know how good it is, and so do i just for my own info.
    Thanks in advance!

2. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

It looks like a ZA copycat to me, but has a built-in anti-spyware module.

I can't even find any screenshots except for the tiny ones on the pages.
    http://www.armor2net.com/products/products.htm

3. enigma

enigma Registered Member

Hi BlitzenZeus,
    Your right, it looks like a ZA rippoff. Opps to strong. A ZA look alike.
    Thanks for the info and the link.
    I still think NPF is better :)

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

it appears to get 5 star ratings at a few sites ( Tuscows- shareup.com- the file transit- global shareware )
    It must be reasonably decent . If you go to >products there are more screenshots also a download documentation available, which you may want to look at enigma if you are really concerned about your freinds choice.

5. root

root Registered Member

Looks to be a pretty basic firewall without much control for what apps can do, allow or block. I could not find any indication of an IDS, which to me is a basic must have.
    SPC, I wonder if there is any professional evaluation of products by download sites? Tucows says five stars, but what is behind that rating? If it's just from user feedback, I would not put much faith in it. Also I think many times the download sites get their ratings from sites like ZDNet and CNet.
    For the price of $20 USD, I have to wonder how much of their own technology they have put into this product? I have recently been made aware of the fact that there are a lot of vendors out there that sign agreements with some of the major software producers to market thier products under different name. More than I would have thought.
    It also looks like there are more people brazenly stealing others code and selling it as their own.
    Who Knows? o_O

6. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Have to be. I havent a clue either re tucows and such how they award their stars . They are a little diffirent to what most are saying as they only gave Outpost v2 a 3 star. How ever I have never tried Nortons either (what enigma is suggesting his freind to buy as an alternative to this one.
    and i am wondering Is it any
    value as such to do so . It can be a little confusing regarding firewalls as every site has there own opinions and favourites and reasons why there particular one is the very best . Then you run into peoples like the wizard , lol , and a few others , who say "you dont need one at all . just close your doors " . For me if it stealths me thats cool . How ever I dont use the above mentioned firewall so maybe it doesnt even do that . but work reading before shooting it down .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.