Argh .. IMON resetting

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Brian N, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Not wanting to "steal" this post, my separate post was merged back to this one -- So, I have to ask a follow-up to WSFuser's Reply to me: Per his "well i leave download managers, p2p apps, and players (used for streaming media) as red. Everything else should be ok as green." I think I understand Rhapsody.exe as a streaming App source, but my expertise doesn't recognize much else within your definition. Re: HTTP screen won't expand its size, It would take 5 screen shots to show all Browser-Program sets. Is there a simpler way to make non-experts understand-recognize what P2P, DnLoad Mgrs, Streaming Apps are (ie) it's OK to leave as Red? Many Thanks!

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have the same problem, higher efficiency turning into higher compatibility , it usually changes back to higher compatibility from higher efficiency within 2 days(most of the entrys). I never have found the answer Why.
    I don't use a registry cleaner, it has to be something that is used all the time. Like a firewall.

3. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

According to what has been posted, those settings are saved via the registry, hence why Marcos stated it was possibly a registry cleaner, but as I have stated, I don't have any, and having Regdefend, hasn't help me pick out what the heck is being changed, and by what. I still stand by the fact that this is a BUG, even Blackspear stated when he looked, all his had been changed too. I'm still trying to work with regdefend to figure out how to watch over the registry keys as they change, but nothing yet, and no other software, ie, reg cleaners, are being run, so when they do change, it all points back to NOD32, not something else. I'm guessing it's not going to make one any less secure with those settings in red, but I'd still like to know what is causing it, and if it can be fixed...I know if more people took notice, they would probably see the same problems as some of us are seeing with the settings not being saved for whatever odd reason...Still love the product though, ;-)

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In the below registry location....do you have any Data in the UserAgentList string value ?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Modules\Imon\Settings

5. Red Dawn

Yes I do Bubba, I have the 4 apps that are listed in the Compatibilty Section in IMON that always show on bootup, though while I work, if I go in, I will notice upon running other apps, that the list grows, but once I reboot, nothing saves, the list goes back to the 4 there, all in red, though I change them to green...

6. SSK

SSK Registered Member

OK, Long shot, I'm not even sure that I get this right, but Red Dawn, do you run WinXP? If so, do you have the MS utility uphclean installed? If not, care to do so and see if it solves this mystery registry reset? :)

Download here from MS.

Again, I'm just guessing here!

7. Red Dawn

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try tonight when I get home from work and post to see what happens, :D

8. Red Dawn

Nope, that MS utility doesn't change anything, still having the issue, thanks for the advice though, I still say it's a bug, ;-)

9. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Just had a hunch, my hope was it would work... :)

10. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Hmmm ... It only seems to happen if I uninstall apps or games.
    Weird. Why would they mess up IMON like that? ..

11. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Are you using Total Uninstall?

12. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Nope. Different games & apps: Windows Uninstaller, InstallShield etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.