Are your free AntiVir same with mine?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Re: Are ur free AntiVir same with mine?

I understand why they are so popular. Ultimately I've never encountered malware that doesn't get cached to disk or access disks to either dump malware or to steel information. Could anyone comment on how common malware that stays in memory and can do damage without being detected by file scanning AV?

The worst case scenario I can think of is something like a memory resident key logger running through a buffer overflow. It's damage would be limited to the duration of the session and a reboot would clear it out. Not ideal but you would have to revisit the site to get it back into memory.

Malware likes to write to disk as it wants to stay on a machine.

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

In reply to the question of ever being infected via e-mail while using AntiVir PE Classic;hasn't happened to me.I don't expect that it will.

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Yes, your program settings are similar to mine. The program has an auto renewing license. It seems that they want you to constantly update the program in order to use it? Maybe it is way for you to not forgot to get the update files after several months? The time interval does seem short, but maybe they don't want you to wait one year before you update the program?

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

NOD32 IMON today detected HTML/Trojan Spy.Bayfraud.JL trojan while I was downloading email. Can't find it in ESET's encylopedia though. ;)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

AntiVir PEC is very good for those who wants a backup AV, but not to use as a main AV.

It lacks important features like Adware/Spyware detection, Email and Web (HTTP) scanners...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.