Are you using EasyCleaner?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I have just downloaded/installed EasyCleaner... but I doubt if this is really good. Its free and Fred Langa even recommend it after his test on several registry cleaners. :)

But still, the users comments are very important to me. :doubt:

What's your personal experience using this registry cleaner? :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi sweater,

The most important thing is never, ever use duplicates unless you know which OS files in Windows require the duplicate to work - best to just stay away from it.

I understand a lot of folks use the Registry and Unnecessary buttons - so do I.

-- Tom

3. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Good App
    Good support
    Very powerful

Crucial comment noted above

Regards

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Tried it, but didn't notice anything special, for better or worse. No false positives, if I recall. If I remember correctly, it has a very dangerous feature of deleting duplicate files, which is not something you want!
    Mrk

5. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I used to use this before I found about about jv16 powertools (which was better at the time), not tried this version, will give it a test.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That's why I ditched EasyCleaner and don't recommend it anymore.
    It's a dangerous option and not every newbie gets the warning not to use it.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I love Easycleaner and use it a lot. I do not use the duplicate feature myself...

I use the registry cleaner, the add/remove on occasion, and the clear files/cookies/history/mru just because they're easy and in one place. I also find that I like checking the "space usage" charts, although I have no practical use for them... Just interesting.

8. sweater

Compared the result it found when I used the registry cleaner functions as it only found about 10 invalid entries while RegSeeker found 45 and RegSupreme Pro found about 27 invalid entries. Maybe Fred Langa like this cleaner because its registry cleaning functions is not as aggresive like the others and possibly the lesser it found the safer it is... I am not sure yet. :rolleyes:

I also tried the Unnecessary file finder and maybe this feature is also safe? o_O

9. Arup

Arup Guest

My choice for reg optimizers are as follows, Reg Seeker, WinAso Regoptimizer, Crap Cleaner and RegVac, combined they keep my system running nice, clean and fresh.

10. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That's not the same. You KNOW that deleting duplicate files is dangerous.

Suppose a user downloads EasyCleaner and doesn't know about it.
    If he doesn't have space enough on his harddisk, he will use EasyCleaner to delete duplicate files, because duplicate means you don't need it, because you already have it and that's how people think.
    The function is on the menu, which means that it's OK to use it.
    If the user is a maniac in keeping his harddisk clean, he will use EasyCleaner also to delete duplicate files, not to save space but because that's his nature.

The fact that EasyCleaner allows to delete duplicate files for EVERYBODY, including the ones, who don't know about it, makes EasyCleaner dangerous and it doesn't matter how good the rest of EasyCleaner is.
    The programmer of EasyCleaner made a serious mistake IMO to put that function on the menu of EasyCleaner.

And EasyCleaner is recommended on this popular website as one of the best freewares for registry cleaning without any warning and that is also wrong.
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm (freeware #26)

EasyCleaner is only good for users, who know or who are warned about this. :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  11. sweater

Using the EasyCleaner’s Unnecessary file search functions… w its default settings it really have found lots of “unnecessary files” in my pc. But what makes me anxious after the scan was that it also found some 0 Bytes files. As I’ve remembered the warning on other cleaner namely the HD Cleaner that to be careful not to delete 0 Bytes files coz it may results on some Windows stability issues. So I set the Options on Unnecessary file finder to also ignore empty files, and additionally to also ignore system files aside from it’s ignore lists in default settings. Still, even after the first scan it can still finds many .tmp, old and bak files. Is this really very safe to delete? o_O

What’s your Option setting on Unnecessary file finder? :rolleyes:
    What’s your reaction and suggestions on this? o_O

Attached Files:

12. sweater

Also, what's your option settings in Unnecessary file finder? :rolleyes:

I just check everything on the ignore list just to make things "more safer". :doubt:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.