Are we beta testers of TI9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by msanto, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msanto

msanto Registered Member

I haven't seen any problems (myself), but I have seen I think 3 new releases since I bought the thing on the 21st.

It's a pain to keep reinstalling it. Particularly since I have things set up so that the extra services it runs are only started when I run the darn thing (and then stopped immed after). I have to keep resetting all that stuff in SERVICES.MSC and Startup.

2. Snoggi

Snoggi Registered Member

Yes, we definitely are beta testers!

3. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Yes, we are beta testers.

4. fphall

fphall Registered Member

Shhh... you are not supposed to notice. ;-)

5. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Makes you wonder, don't it. I recently took over a website, and I cannot afford to lose data like in the past. I signed up and started the huge download the other day (btw I have never used other products like this before). I started reading the forums, and it listed the many problems as of late, so I killed the download. No need to send that letter in 12 days to checkup on my progress now. There is none. A friend of mine swears by another product, and said he would help me use it. Thanks for the bandwidth usage though. Mike

6. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

TI8 is still the best imaging software in the market. Your friend is wrong.

7. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

When my test period is up with the other, I will try Acronis again if these bugs are fixed. I always try to support the good products listed here on Wilders.
    Mikel

8. pivert

pivert Registered Member

Can be TI 8 is good ( for most it is, but some features not enough developped)

However, whatever the reason, TI 9 is unbelievably immature, claims very interseting features, so I did the upgrade, paid for it ( yes, bad idea : so many bad posts here ....) that I simply cannot understand why Acronis put it on the market and pushed it that way to all registered customers

This is an error
    This is unfair

This very much undemines their reputation

And unless there is rapidly a good, reliable build out there, will compromise my fidelity to Acronis and TrueImage ( but as a whole to the company : no one shoudl leave such prebeta software out)

Also I note that the rare Acronis support team answers are poorly helpfull ( but all begin by thanking for having been confident in their work : will it last o_O)

When I look back since TI 9 build "one" came out : no progresse done !

I haven't installed yet : an imaging program has to be foolproof at first. That is it

I will continue use TI 8
    I will also continue to use Ghost 6 ( works from diskette much faster than TI from it's Linux based bootCD on my system where it takes for sure 7-8 minutes to come to the action display !)

Sad story : why have been so fast in this release ! The Symantecized-DriveImage isn't worth this precipitation.

Wonder how long it will last till we get a functional TI 9 build x

:-((((((((((((( o_O :( :mad: :'( :doubt: and many other unhappy faces

( I hate deception, I hate waste money, I hate waste time
    I ask for good work well polished and tested : sooo many errors result perhaps from SOME hardware-software Acronis "unrelated" problems, but the vast majority of problems reported are ACronis's responsability and happens with very well known hardware pieces : they shoudl have been thoroughly tested. They should be considered normal, basic components of modern PCs : I see no real excuses here - I still am waiting for a sticky message about excuses. I also wonder if Acronis continues to promote version 9 : it should not : that is continuing to make other people struggle with bad software ( for now until later o_O))

Phil

very very very sad and bad humored

9. Anon

Anon Guest

Not only that, but they are wasting our time as consumers. Wasting resources spent backing up data and troubleshooting only to have it not work. Wasting time with us needing to download updates, create new recovery CD's and backups everytime they release an update.

I'll give them several weeks till my holiday. Then I'll go through the licence agreement in detail. And I'll also webcrawl/save a number of these forum posts to ensure I can prove that Acronis was well aware of the issues concerning their product. Then I'll revisit my torts law to see whether a well phrased legal letter/email may persuade them to lift their act. As I see it, knowingly releasing buggy software which does not work as advertised is legally indefensible.

10. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

At least your post did not get deleted. When I tried to complain about TI9 being a P.O.S**t, my post got deleted by the Mod.

11. CliveS

CliveS Registered Member

Version 8.937 is the the only version to work OK for me. I will not even attempt to try the latest versions as I have not enjoyed the experience getting to a point where I can expect ATI to reliably image and restore. I think that it only fair that Acronis should supply free upgrades and downgrades for the lifetime duration of the product to all customers who have registered on this forum because they have found the need to publicly shed their tears and and vent their frustration. To the many beta testers on this forum, I think Acronis should in addition make a public statement on this forum acknowledging their contribution and loyalty to the product.

12. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I have removed an advertisement post from this thread.

13. pivert

pivert Registered Member

You better would be remove beta-bugs from TI and remove Acronis TI 9 update advertisements : they are not mature, not reliable, and do not respect customers !

I really mean adversting for TI is unloyal : regular satisfied users are attracted by some new feature and update to get them ( I did it first day of announcement! )

14. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I'd readily work to remove bugs etc like you say but the main problem is that I'm no programmer... the second problem is that I don't work for Acronis - I am a Wilders Global Mod who donates my time along with the others to keep things going smoothly. One of the rules which we enforce is support issues only in dedicated forums. You can go check the NOD32 forum for other AVs being discussed or advertised and you will see the same type of actions taken there as in here and in all the rest of the forums.

15. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience. Currently our Development Team is working on all the problem with Acronis True Image 9.0 and we expect the problem to be fixed in the short time.

If you have any problems please inform us and we will collect the necessary information and forward it to our Development Team. So the more info we obtain the more efficiently will our Development Team's work be and the earlier the fix will be implemented.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.