Are VPN dedicated IPs free?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by php111, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. php111

php111 Registered Member

Hello everyone,

Are VPN dedicated IPs free? I'm not looking to get one as in a software download. I am looking for a free provider service. Someone told me they are not free. The only free service they ever did have collapsed under it's own load. Why can't I get this for free? I am on a fixed income, so it's hard for me to buy.

2. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

lols, free vpn is a big no-no ;)

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

There are a number of free VPN services, such as HotSpotShield (HSS). HSS is ad supported - places an ad at the top of the browser page - and works pretty well apart from that annoyance. I've also been using SecurityKISS which doesn't serve up ads, but has a daily bandwidth limit. If your concern is simple protection when using open wifi (unsecured wireless networks at restaurants and cafes) I feel these are adequate. If you're looking for anonymity - in other words if you want to be completely untraceable while using the internet these are not sufficient. Frankly I don't know that anything is.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  4. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

a paid vpn without logging and anonymous payment methods would be a good start for not getting tracked if thats what youre needs are ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.