Are v3 licences compatible with v4?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by poobum999, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poobum999

poobum999 Registered Member

A couple of months ago I purchased a licence for ESET Smart Security. If I download the new version 4 now will my licence work with it?

Thanks in advance,
    POOBUM999

2. silverfox55

silverfox55 Registered Member

Yes it will.
    But I would not try ver4 just yet. Wait and see if ESET can get off their backsides and fix it first. You will have noticed from the number of threads that it is utter rubbish at the moment.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

4. poobum999

poobum999 Registered Member

OK. I upgraded to version 4 on my laptop, all goes smooth, but I absolutely hate the way that it scans without letting me stop! Thanks for both your replies.
    I think that Version 4 is the only one you can download atm, v3 has been taken off the download page. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

5. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

Yes any user with a current valid subscription to Eset Smart Security can upgrade to the latest version (v4) without any additional cost.

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

If do you mean the statistics showing the files being scanned on the fly, don't worry. It only shows the real time scanning that was implemented also in v3 but there it was not visible. v4 GUI gives more information than v3 did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.