Are these people daffy or what?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ratchet, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Since starting the thread about the low prices for A-V software available on ebay, I've been monitoring the final bids on Norton A-V 11. Astonishingly, people are paying more for it (as much as $6 more), sometimes even from the same vendor, than Buy It Now price. Go figure!

2. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Yeah, but they WON!!! Sorta like who will get to the next stoplight first. Who cares about the wear and tear of the car, the possible ticket, or injury/death of self and/or others as long as you WIN!!!

(tongue in cheek, of course)

SourMilk out

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It's about winning not how much.o_O Seems foolish to me also.

Jerry

4. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

In fact you can see this running rampant in eBay Motors. I just the other day observed a bidding session where some one paid TWICE the list price (plus shipping!) for an RK brand chain for a late model Kawasaki he/she could have ordered at a local motorcycle shop. Or heavily discounted at any one of 100's of e-retailers.

Not accounting for the homebound/disabled and those who live in remote regions who depend on online commerce for necessities not available locally or the more esoteric items, I'm often surprised that with all the dialogue and discussion about the impact of the WWW on society, pundit commentary on this "bidding at all costs" behavior has never attained even cursory prominence.

And unless someone's looking for software for their hobby Amiga or Apple II, I can't fathom why anyone would buy software from any eBay seller.

5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Great analogy!

6. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

GOOFY!
    Seriously though i think that reflects the fact that the majority of people are not as internet shopping savvy as you and dont know how to find the best deals. Also there are many who just dont do the necessary research because of laziness or whatever.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Good profits for the seller.

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Free market/ laissez-faire...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.