Are there options to Privacy Expert?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by twiz, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twiz

twiz Registered Member

Just wondering ... is anyone familiar with software options in the marketplace to Privacy Expert Suite 9.0? I am more than a little frustrated with the lack of program updates (not spyware) for the program from Acronis. Having no recent updates for a program that has issues is not good. It appears that Acronis is 'retiring' the program.

What I'd like to find is a program suite that does what PE is supposed to but well. Anyone?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello twiz,

I've moved your thread from the Acronis Privacy Expert Suite support forum to here, where it sits more comfortably.

Regards
    Menorcaman

3. werne

werne Registered Member

I haven't found any one program that does What PES is supposed to do but there are several alternatives that give you a result that at least works (freeware). For the cleaning of files (with various degrees of wiping security), I don't think there is any better utility than CCleaner at http://www.ccleaner.com/. For AntiSpyware stuff you can try Spyware Terminator (includes antivirus too), spybot and Lavasoft's Ad-Aware. The best place to find those programs is to go to www.betanews.com (don't be confused by the name, they seem to carry the latest versions of many programs that are not in Beta or Alpha testing) and do a search in downloads. For disk wiping you can try Eraser 5.7, plus others. One of the best wiping utilities does cost, it is Jetico's BCWipe, and it is an excellent utility.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.