Are there known problems with True Image 10 and AHCI?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Test99, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Test99

Test99 Registered Member

I am using True Image 10 with a new Thinkpad, that has a recovery partition, a system partition and a data partition. The BIOS is set to AHCI, not compatibility.

No changes were made to the partition tables after generating the Image.
    After restoring the partition C and Track0 & MBR, the recovery partition was not bootable anymore. After restoring also the recovery partition afterwards (without Track0 & MBR), it worked.

1) What could have been the problem?

2) If TI10 is able to detect my SATA-HD with AHCI (what is the case): Can I assume that this is as save as running with no-AHCI drives? Or can there occur a problem which shows up later (i. e. corrupted partition) due to AHCI?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. Test99

Test99 Registered Member

To avoid misunderstanding:
    With "recovery partition" I meant the service partition from Lenovo. True Image was just booted from a stick for backup and recovery.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Have you tried doing a full disk (all partitions) restore to see if that works?

I don't think it's AHCI; it's probably the Boot track that's the issue. If you got rid of the service partition (not reccommending this) and reformatted, you could probably resotre the indvidual system and document partitions onto the hdisk without probs.

As it is, just remember not to do TRack 0 when you restore and you should be okay.

4. Test99

Test99 Registered Member

No, because the recovery partition is only on an Image_0, that I have made just at the beginning. Afterwards I reduced the size of Partition C (with gparted) and created a partition D for data. The Image_1 was then made from only partition C and restored very short afterwards.

Maybe you are right.. Although I do not understand, why this problem occured. By the way: Where on the disk is Track 0 located? Can you recommend a website, that explains this?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Test99,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Acronis True Image programs any version doesn’t backup properly diagnostic partitions. So in order to avoid issues after image restore do not include hidden diagnostic partitions into the image.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

6. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

I have ATI 10 and have backed up the whole disk on a Dell M4300 laptop including a diagnostic partition (win xp). I have also restored the image successfully. Could someone verify that there is a potential problem in backing up diagnotic partions via a whole disk backup?

Thyanks,
    Harvey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.