Are security apps made to be hackable by the govt with a mandatory backdoor?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Horus37, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

Let's say the "F Be Eye" , "See Eye Aye" , and "N SSS Aye" wanted to monitor someone with all these security setups. How could they put a trojan in someones computer if they didn't have some foolproof way of getting into your computer easily? I remember reading about how they required the PGP encyption hackable by the govt. Does the same standard apply to security apps?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Might depend on country of origin for the app. In any event I wouldn't even pretend to know.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  3. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Malware website with "Undisclosed" browser attacks that execute code and download very nasty spyware that logs everything and uses rootkit techno to contact a server node that collects the data. Also they can ask the ISP to alter the DNS server of the user by identifying the MAC address, then substitute some common server like ebay.com for their hidden one that loads the malware and recirects to the real ebay.com

That i would say is the best way. Other than that they would break into your house and install hardware in your PC. and there would be no trace because the locks are picked, and you may have either a bridge interface between a hard dive or memory etc, or you may find an extra PCI card thats not suppose to be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.