Are Migrate Easy and True Image the same??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sillyboy, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillyboy

sillyboy Registered Member

I have Migrate Easy 7.0 installed. I was told that Acronis True Image 9.0 is just an upgrade from M.E. Is this true? :blink:

Also, will Acronis True Image 9.0 clone a drive like Me 7.0 will?? o_O

Thanks in advance. :D

2. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

No, True Image 9.0 is not just an upgrade from ME7. True Image is an imaging program designed for taking backup images of your system.

BUT

Acronis have incorporated 100% of Migrate Easy into True Image. In TI, the cloning/migrating functions (as distinct from the backup/imaging functions) are actually Migrate Easy. Because ME forms (a small) part of TI, yes, it can clone a drive like ME 7.0.:cool:

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

All that's true. An interesting thing though. I had AME installed. Then I installed ATI. And ATI deleted my install of AME. I wondered why till I found out what previous poster said.

4. sillyboy

sillyboy Registered Member

Thanks Ozmaniac and Zapjb. :thumb:

Q:

Is there much difference between ATI 8 and ATI 9?? :gack:

5. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Main differences are: ATI9 has differential backup, file based backup and a thing called Snap Restore (that seems to cause more problems than it solves). It has had quite a few problems, but most are sorted out now and it works well for the vast majority of people.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.