Are ISR-softwares more expensive than other recovery software?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I even find it confusing who designs some of these programs and who sells them!

2. fce

fce Registered Member

it's good investment though.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Generally speaking, yes i find ISR software seems to be slightly more expensive than regular backup sopftware.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes, ISR-softwares are more expensive than Image/File backup software, especially the ones that have more possibilities, than just a boot-to-restore.
    I don't care about the price, because a good ISR-software saves me ALOT of time and that means, I can do alot more.
    So it's a very good investment and Image Backup is also a very good, even a better investment, because IB is a must, while ISR is luxury, once you have it, you can't miss it anymore of course like any luxury.

I've done 3 things on my computer, that really changed everything in a remarkable, even sensational way :
    1. Separation of system and data on two internal harddisks.
    2. Installing Image Backup software (first ATI, then SP + KR) + external harddisk.
    3. Installing Immediate System Recovery software (FDISR) and use it very efficiently.
    Since then my computer is a paradise compared with the past, when my computer was a nightmare and daymare.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I noticed that was version 8.0 There is with Rollback version 8.1. I'd check that out.

Pete

7. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

8. ErikAlbert

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I've followed suit in the exact manner with exception of #1 which i'll reserve for another time although i can still "LOCK" my data, although since it's in group with the system it makes for risk, but i got that covered with FD-ISR plus Power Shadow.

A SOLID and very thoughtfully designed ISR is an integral componant to my overall preservation strategy, and LEAPFROG'S FD-ISR is been the chief catalyst for just such an imporatnt and delicate duty as immediate recovery. If any ISR does not make provision for also archiving snapshots Off-Disk for added confidence, then to me it's not really a True ISR app anyway. Users don't need a half functioning recovery solution but a FULL duplicate of original system/settings easily tranformed again back to it's original state. Updating just adds yet more icing on the cake like image incrementals. Users NEED to recover or return their systems to an original point in time before the active system is been engaged whether by internet or adding programs. Archiving BEFORE the fact ensures a safe return to some beginning point in event of a corruption or to dump a program thats not to their satisfaction. FD-ISR broke the mode on this innovation IMHO. An ISR program on the order of the Leapfrog's/Raxco's releases sealed a users fate to a better computer experience and redeemed time & effort better used for making images.

10. ErikAlbert

If you lock the right data folders, it's the same as locking the complete harddisk.
    I didn't have PC Security, when I separated my system from data, I did this for other reasons. Much later, PC Security was a simple and easy way to protect my second harddisk full of data. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.