Arconis - Imaging - Locking files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ranco18972, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranco18972

ranco18972 Guest

Hi, I am a new Arconis user, and I was wondering if, while imaging server partitions (live), file would be locked (ie: DBs, shares, etc...).

MR

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ranco18972,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "file would be locked "?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Ranco18972

Ranco18972 Guest

While imaging a disk (1 or more partitions) which contains Oracle DB files, would users be able to access the DB without interruptions?
    I am using True Image for Windows V8.0 b768

Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ranco18972,

Acronis exclusive technology allows you to create image with running operating system without any problems. However, we recommend that you suspend complex services such as data bases when the snapshot of the disk is taken. It is the period after you press the "Proceed button" and until you get the "Commit pending operation" message.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. ranco18972

ranco18972 Guest

I just finished imaging 2 different server with Raid 1 and Raid 5
    The first server with little activity on it, was imaged in 2 hours
    The second server took almost 16 hours (Oracle services, DC, and other services running).
    I should have stopped all services, but it is a 24/7 application that supports and 24/7 operation at a busy International Airport. Data size Raid5 was 200GB, and the OS Raid1 size was 36GB
    I am impressed with the process but not the length. I will try to fingure something out, in terms of stopping some but not all the services while running another image.

Next step now is to restore the image onto the VMWARE box and create a replica environment... whish me luck. I will be using VMWARE P2V

Again thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.