Archives story: how to optimize in a click ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dabruna, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dabruna

dabruna Registered Member

The situation :

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/ad2b8dd8c3a833c767d7578ab9504c846g.jpg

A real mess ! (also because on disks there are not all those archives !)

So how to recreate automatically the real archives story present as I usually keep the last 2 archives for each external disk ?

Cyclic backup as answer ? No, please ... Paragon don't let me create the archives with names as I want ....,
    so I have to do all manually .... sorry.

Regards
    Danilo

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

To hide deleted archives from Database simply click 'Show only existing' button
    UpdDB.jpg
    Additionally you can add comments for each backup. Then you will be able to get clear picture of archive story.

According to screenshot, you always you same folder names to keep backups. That's why most deleted entries in DB are linked to existing archives.
    Please try to delete archives as follows:
    1) From Archive DB:
    * right-click the archive you plan to remove and select 'Delete'
    * confirm operation
    2) Delete archive physically.
    Then Archive DB will be clean.

3. dabruna

If I click the "Show existing backup" button the result are all the "black" voices only so any other grey logs. But the same for Paragon I should have "valid" archives from May to August and this is not correspond to the reality.

To manually erase these entries Paragon does not let me do in multiple way.
    So if there are hundreds (as are), I don't want to right click hundreds times, do you agree with me ? Pc should work for me or I have to work for him ?

For this reason I asked a single click delete botton or a mouse and shift click to select and remove all in a second as almost all Win application do, or at least an utility that reconstructs and optimizes the DB with really backup archives present on disks.

Regards
    Danilo

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  4. Mech_An

You can empty the entire Archive DB and then add only existing archives manually:
    1) Delete DB: find 'archdb' or 'arch_db' folder in root directory (usually C:/) and delete it
    2) Run Paragon program and click Add in Archive tab. Then navigate to each backup one-by-one.

5. dabruna

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  6. Mech_An

Archive DB contains only linkes to archive folders/files location. It doesn't affect any functionality, and even if you delete it, it will be generated automatically as blank DB.

Please search for archdb folder in all root directories on your PC (D:/, F:/, etc), because it is usually located on the first partition of first HDD in the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.