Archives and Mail

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ib, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ib

ib Registered Member

Hello,

i received a mail today with some sober worm in the attachment and i wonder why IMON didn´t catch it. Can it be that IMON can´t handle some mail-encoding types? When i try to safe the attachment amon wakes up and alerts me, so it´s recognized by NOD32 - just not when it comes in a mail.

The second "Problem" i have are archives (zip, rar and all the others). It would be nice if there could be an option to delete an archive if an infected file is found inside. When i scan some files and there is something found, i usualy have to search the log and delete it manually - and i´m lazy! For me it doesn´t matter if there are some "clean" files inside, if it contains one infected i send it to the trash anyway. Is there some "hidden" switch to do that?

tia

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    It's extrange, do you have enabled IMON?, do you have checked it under NOD control center?
    In the incoming letters that you receive, did IMON attach his message "This message was checked...?, what e-mail client do you use?
    I think that NOD not any option for clean or delete compressed file like .zip files, if you want, you can send suggestions to: sales@eset.com

3. ib

ib Registered Member

Thx for your answer.

yes, IMON runs fine for sure, i guess the header of the mail confused IMON:

Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="_OEMCOMPUTER_Mime_002.c74743cbf880"
    This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

To me it looks like the header claims that the mail is part of a multipartmessage and so IMON didn´t touch it - is that possible?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    please re-send that message to support@nod32.com so that we can take a close look at it and analyse it.

5. ib

ib Registered Member

arrgh, i´m sorry but it was "autocleaned" from the trashfolder last time i closed the programm. If that kind of mail comes in again i´ll send it. Thx for your answer - and a happy new year :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.