archive types

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by duca bianco, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duca bianco

duca bianco Registered Member

:rolleyes: I would like to know the archive types and packers and crypters not supported by NOD32 2.70

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Almost unlimited thanks to the generic unpacker used by advanced heuristics.

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

lol :D :D

The guy was asking about archive types and packers and crypters not supported by NOD32 2.70. :p
    Or, you already answered to this question.. :D

4. duca bianco

duca bianco Registered Member

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I can't tell if all of them are supported, the problem is usually with re-packed samples that are often non-functional. The question is whether the "tester" tested the samples for functionality and whether he had Advanced heuristics enabled.

6. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I think this same "test" was discussed here a long while ago (little less than a year ago)? And already then were the data from the test apparently incorrect/outdated (at least when it comes to runtime packers/crypters). From NOD32's changelog, one can for example see that support for Yoda's Crypter was added on 27th of July 2004 already. Some of the ones listed are probably still unsupported, but I guess not all of them. The list of unsupported archive types is probably correct though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.