Archive mount issue

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by xxx59712, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxx59712

xxx59712 Registered Member

Good day,

I am using the 64 bits Free version of the Backup and Recovery and can not mount an archive.

Does somebody know if this had to due with the archive content or type?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Mount archive option is available only for 32-bit Windows versions.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I have 32-bit win version 10.2 free but the mount options are also disabled/grey o_O

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi pegas,

Try running the UIM_X86.EXE , it is in the UIM folder in your installed Paragon app.

If that doesn't do it, there may another app. using virtual drives on your machine that is interefering.

Hope it helps.

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx SIW2 but running the file in B&R 10.2 Free 32-bit doesn't do anything. I am not aware of an application using virtual drives on my VAIO. Anyhow can I somehow check it?
    I rather tend to think that this feature is not available in the free version.

EDIT: I believe I have an explanation for non-working mounting on my side. I went through the help and found out:
    1) The current version of the program allows the user to mount archives of separate partitions only.
    2) There is no possibility to mount archives located on physical (unmounted) partitions or in the bootable capsule.
    3) Archives will only be mounted for the current session and won’t be available after the system restart.
    4) It is strongly recommended not to un-mount backup images with Windows Disk Manager or other third side software.

I am backing up the whole disk, i.e. MBR, Recovery Hidden Partition and Prime Partition (C: ) altogether, so as per item 1) above I can't mount archives.
    Am I correct with my assumption?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Looks like it from the explanation given above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.