Archive Integrity Verification ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JosephB, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Now, Help/pdf Documentation indicates that when you choose the Backup option of:

- "Enable" the option of "archive integrity will be controlled"

.... That "Enable the option of "archive integrity will be controlled", guarantee that all backup images created with the program are 100 precent flawless".

1. So, then is there any point to running "Check System Integrity" wizard after backing up am image with the above option "Enabled" ?

2. Also, when "Check System Integrity" wizard is run does it compare the archive back to all the source files that were imaged into the archive on a byte-for-byte basis or is it doing some sort of checksum check on the archive ? ... how does it verify integrity of the archive ?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

You need to
    if you want to use the Check Archive Integrity feature.

I believe that is what it uses to check the Integrity - if you don't include that option - integrity check will not be able to find any errors ( if they exist).

I have never used that feature - I have also never had a problem with an archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.