Archive error message during restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kdkrone, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdkrone

kdkrone Registered Member

Acronis 9.0 (build 3,633) Win2K, SP4

I was upgrading Win2K to XP, so I made a complete backup AND VERIFIED IT prior to doing the upgrade. (The backup archive is on a separate disk) I then used the Disk Clone utility and cloned a hard drive; I used that disk to do the upgrade. I tested it out and it booted just fine, all the data seemed to be there, etc. So I was using a belt and suspenders approach.

All seemed fine until I had a problem with the XP upgrade, so I decided to restore the cloned hdd back to its original Win2K state. I booted from my Acronis Emergency Backup CD and when I choose the archive on the separate drive, I was presented with a message that either the file was not an archive or it was corrupt, neither of which is true. (I had kept my original hard drive, booted from it, then reverified the integrity of the archive from within the True Image program).

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Thanks
    Ken K

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ken,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that your bootable rescue media was created with the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0.

Please boot your computer from it and try to verify your image integrity in rescue mode. If the image is corrupt, please copy the image file to the internal hard drive and verify it once again.

Could you please clarify whether you are able to mount your image with Acronis True Image 9.0?

Please let us know your results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. zanbanff

zanbanff Registered Member

I had much the same problem. My archive file is on a secondary internal drive and I replaced the boot drive with a new blank drive. I used the emergency backup CD to boot the machine but when I pointed the restore program to the archive file on the secondary drive, the message came up the same as yours. Of course the file is not corrupt. I did run off another emergency disk produced by build 3633 but it gave me the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

4. kdkrone

Dear Tatyana,

I had made the bootable CD with build 3,633. It had been verified both before and after the attempt to use it to clone another CD. The CD program said that it would not mount the image because it was either corrupt or was not an image file. Note: the file was verified both before AND AFTER I tried to mount it with the CD made with 3,633.

That having been said, please see my post from today. A series of events has led to my trying to uninstall and reinstall the program because it would not work (it would freeze when trying to do a differential backup, so I thought I would uninstall and reinstall it---big mistake, apparently.....!) After reinstalling the software, then following the most recent uninstall instructions and then reinstalling the program, I am still receiving the following error message: E000101F4 or something like that. Please search for my post today, the 13th as I am presently unable to use my software until I have some help solving my problem. The post explains it all.

Thanks
    Ken Krone

5. Acronis Support

Hello zanbanff,

Please run Acronis True Image within Windows and verify the image there. Please also try to mount backup archive using Mount Image tool in Acronis True Image and copy some files from the image.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. Acronis Support

Hello Ken,

I have already answered in another your thread. Please follow my instructions in order to fix the problem and then provide us with the information whether the issue with corrupted images still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. kdkrone

Sorry--I forgot to subscribe to that thread. I have replied there.

Thanks
    KK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.