archive corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eilander, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eilander

eilander Registered Member

Hi,

Today i am at a customer who's laptop got stolen. A few days before the incident he made/updated the acronis backup.

But now I am trying to restore it, and all I got is "Selected file is not Acronis True Image Home archive or is corrupted. Please select another backup archive"

I tried to recover on multiple computers to recover/mount/explore, I booted off the rescue-CD but no go at all. The image is around 40GB in size.

Is there a way to repair or get as many files as I can? don't need to recover windows or other stuff, but the customer really wants his photo's back.

Regards

2. Photosmith

Photosmith Registered Member

I noticed that backups are frequently corrupt when I create them. I set "verify" as one of my default options so that whenever I create a backup, it will automatically verify it. Since they are frequently corrupt, that lets me see right away it is corrupt (although I wish it didn't create corrupt backups to begin with) and I can delete the image and try again.

As an alternate, I have still been able to restore files from a corrupt image. I couldn't restore the whole image, but I was able to mount it as a drive letter, then browse to the various areas and restore everything except the corrupted part.

3. eilander

unfortunately, i am not the one who installed it, my help was requested when my customer encountered the error.

mounting/exploring is not an option, got the same error :(

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Is the file stored on an external drive? If so, have you tried to copy it to an internal drive and mount/explore/validate it from there?

5. eilander

no, it's on an internal drive, but I copied it to another disk (direct and over the network)

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

eilander, could you please check that you're using the same version of the software that was used to create this image archive (and that the build of this software is the latest one)?

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.