Archive Backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fatherflap, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatherflap

Fatherflap Registered Member

Over the past year I have backed up monthly , every 3rd one a full backup with 2 incremental one in between .
    Recently I had a problem at start up it would not go beyond the bios screen.
    My three True Image 8 Floppies Enabled me to view my Back ups on my external Hard drive. but every one I clicked on the message came up not an Archive file cannot proceed. (not word for word but that was the gist)

Where Did I go wrong Please ?
    fatherflap
    I lived up to my moniker that day :D

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

After you made the backup images, did you ever run the Check Image function to confirm that the images were good?

Did you ever use the Explore function to see if the image could be mounted successfully and files restored from it?

Am I correct in assuming that you don't have a CD-RW drive available which is why you are using the boot floppies instead of the Recovery CD?

Do you have access to a second computer that is working?

3. Fatherflap

Fatherflap Registered Member

Hi jmk 94903 I Always ran a check after back up to see if all was OK. Yes I Do Have a CD-RW but Acronis takes up very little of a disc so more economical to use Floppies.No I do not have a second Computer. All indications and checks said the backups were good .
    fatherflap

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fatherflap,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please describe the issue in more words.

Where do you store your images?

What exact error messages have you received? (please provide me with the exact text of the error message)

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.