Applications for Windows 7 Ulitamate 64 bit

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Escalader, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

My current workhorse PC a Dell 4700, does NOT pass the ready for Windows 7 Utility. I have accepted the reality of that and will NOT be attempting an upgrade from xp sp3 to windows 7. I'm content to have both machines share a router.

1. What I would like to get my hands on is a list of applications that do run in native mode 64 bit Windows 7 Intel i7 cpu, as that is the notebook I will be getting.
    2. The other procedure I would like is the most reliable way to get my user data over to the W7 notbook as applications become available.
    3. It is my understanding that I can run xp on the W7 notebook under a MS Virtulization mode. Note sure if this is the same as what is called compatibility mode or is in fact a different thing/method.
    Any references or expereince you guys have would be welcome!:cool:

2. ePost

ePost Registered Member

3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

4. Escalader

Re: Applications for Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I'm running under W7 Ultimate in 64 bit.

Found that my:

KeyScrambler Premium works fine
    RoboForm works as well and I can use the same USB stick on my xp sp3 desktop as on this new Dell Studio 17 i7

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

6. Escalader

FYI I have succeeded in getting Quicken 2009 working under W7Ultimate X64 bit i7 even though the vender has told me it isn't tested yet for W7.

At first I couldn't download transactions from the bank BUT if I avoid FF for that and use IE8 that also works!

I think I'll send Intuit an invoice for user testing services!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.