Application filtering in 2.06

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by danieleb, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danieleb

danieleb Registered Member

The latest release is running great, except some strange things with the application filtering. I've done a few installations after re imaging lately and sometimes it asks permission for explorer to start thunderbird or firefox upon first launch, but sometimes it just asks if TB or FF can connect to internet and doesn't ask about explorer although it is not on the list of allowed or blocked applications. In the firefox case it was launched using the desktop icon all times and thunderbird was started from quick launch.

The same thing happened when I installed Superantispyware. If you allow it to check for updates during installation, then about three out of four times it asks if SAS can connect to the internet, but the fourth time it asks permission for the installer to start SAS.

Is this a "glitch" or am I not understanding how application filtering works?

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

It could be related to the way the applications are started initially during windows boot.

You could try to enable the "ActivatedSoon" flag in the registry:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lnsfw1]
    (create it as a DWORD and set it to 1).

Frederic

3. danieleb

Ok, thank you. I will try and see what happens.
    Thank you for your support and for the latest release. I really like this little firewall :)

4. danieleb

Well, it made quite a difference. L'n'S now gives a pop up about winlogon and services.exe during start up (which it never has), and explorer when I launch firefox.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.