Application Filtering hidden programs?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by asx, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asx

asx Registered Member

First of all I'm not too familiar with firewalls :)
    I want a program, DCPFLICS, to connect to the internet but it won't. I've checked the application filtering list in Look 'n' Stop and the program is allowed but still it wont. However when I disable application filtering it works even no single application is set to block in my firewall. Are some programs hidden and if how can I detect them and allow them to connect. Like I said it's definitely the application filtering that does it. Not any other firewall. I want to keep application filtering on but then the program cannot connect to the internet. What to do?

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Application Filtering when in advanced mode, can block applications starting another application that will connect.

3. asx

asx Registered Member

Thanks a lot for the tip. Well it didn't work how I expected it to but it worked! I had to go in advance mode and then somehow it's able to connect again. I didn't even stay in advance mode but still it works.
    Thanks for the suggestion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.