Application Filtering cleanup

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by SirDracula, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirDracula

SirDracula Registered Member

Is there a way to automatically clean up the entries in the "Application Filtering" in order to remove apps that have moved around, that have been uninstalled, etc.

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

i regularly remove them all, but that is a manual task

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Beginning with version 2.05, this is done automatically by default. See the help file under Miscellaneous/History/"Version 2.05 04-11-2004".

4. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

That's only half the truth :)-( That happens when you have reached the limit of apps being able to connect.

That's one of the reasons Phantom left lns cause this limit is ......

Ruben

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Version 2.05p2 10-05-2004

Changes:

* non-existing applications are now removed only if the number max of application is almost reached (this will solve some issues with connecting applications automatically created and deleted).

6. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I didn't see that; thanks for pointing it out. (I stopped using LNS for awhile after 2.05 came out, and only just came back to it.)

I don't see the big problem with that, though I don't think it's really ideal, either. It would be nice if all applications were automatically removed by default, if their path becomes invalid, but be able to flag certain ones to never be removed automatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.