Application change - "teach" remotely the firewall (using ERA console)

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Sinclair, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinclair

Sinclair Registered Member

I am using ESET Smart Security Business Edition and Remote Administrator to send all the rules to my users. All PCs are using Policy mode.

When I change an application on a protected system (.exe change for example), I receive, as I expect, the warning "Application modification detected". I tried to create a new rule for the changed application and to send it to the stations, but the warning remains and the users are not able to start the changed application, unless the system administrator starts the application on each station and allows the application to start.

Is there any solution to "teach" remotely the firewall (using ERA console) to accept a changed exe file ?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

I personally have never come accross such situation but you should check it in the ERA Config editor . Perhaps you can report it to ESET to be included in next versions -> email to support|at|eset.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.