Apple's Safari updates fix auto-complete vulnerability

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The H Security

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

It's been a while since I've tried Safari (Windows), I did like Safari 3 until after a few updates & it got a little sluggish. ABP & WOT seem to be working fine. I've always liked WebKit browsers & this version sees to be working well & is relatively quick on Windows. I can't see it replacing Chrome for me yet though.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I have been using Safari since the first Beta for Windows was released and I have used it since then, and I have never looked back.

I have tried Opera, Firefox, and Chrome but none of them suites me well unfortunately.

4. Daveski17

I think it is a bit power hungry & sometimes can seem a bit sluggish or even momentarily freeze for me (I think the bookmark manager & Top Sites are unnecessarily complex). However, oddly it can often be very fast & works better for me in Hotmail than IE does!

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hmmm.. I think that Firefox is more resource hungry than Safari, FF memory usage was always going over 200MB and then freezes, but Safari usualy stays uner 100MB.

6. Daveski17

I think it may be that my graphics card isn't as good as it should be. Besides, I just think that Cover Flow & Top Sites are a bit too 'eye candy' rather than practical. This Safari release is the best yet though & I like the 'Reader' feature immensely. I have been experimenting with some extensions. So far I have Adblock, WOT, Gmail counter, Translate & True Knowledge. Adblock seems to work fine, Gmail & WOT also fine, The (Google) Translator seems to slightly break some page icons on SRWare Iron's forum (where I tested it) & made pages disappear unless I removed the cursor to the side of the page. I'm not sure about True Knowledge yet but I intend to test it for a while. I used to keep SeaMonkey for academic research as its translator was useful but I think Safari could be useful in this respect with its 'Reader' function. I'm not quite convinced to put it back as my default browser yet though. For quite a while I preferred Safari #3 to Firefox #3!

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Indeed, though I have Never used the Topsites Or the Coverflow features since my graphic card don't handle those two features very well.

And Yes the new text reader is very very nice indeed, and it makes reading texts very easy and more pleasent for the eyes.:thumb:

8. Daveski17

@SweX, Coverflow isn't so bad & I can use it relatively easily, I just think it is a bit of overkill. Gmaps seems a bit sluggish though. What extensions are you using on Safari?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.