Appguard Error

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ellison64, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Hi...
    I was performing a macrium reflect backup today ,and set appguard to off and also my avast in case of any conflicts.In doing so i got this appguard error.Pressing ok or x resulted in the same box popping up over and over.Any ideas what it is?

Attached Files:

2. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi ellison64
    A previous version of AppGuard saved a bad parameter in your local policy file.

1. Locate the policy file on your PC and make a copy of it: C:\users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\ Blue Ridge Networks\AppGuard\AppGuardPolicy.xml

2. Restore your policy to the default values. This can be done by clicking on the “Customize” button and going to the Advanced Tab. Enable privileged mode (check the box and click on “Apply”). After privileged mode is enabled, you should see a button “Restore all settings to default”. Click on this button.

Hope that helps
    Cheers :D

3. ellison64

Hi Thanks...
    do you mean to delete the policy file in step 1 and then set to default in step 2?
    Thanks
    ellison

4. fredra

fredra Registered Member

In step 1...make a copy of it (so that you can put it back OR supply it to Blueridge if the problem persists)
    In step 2 ... restore the policy to the default value
    Cheers :D

5. ellison64

Ok thanks ,)
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.