AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fearlessscientist

fearlessscientist Registered Member

Congrats Barb :thumb:

2. SLE

SLE Registered Member

@Pegr and @aladdin
    same for me. I haven't contacted anyone until now and I'll wait until barb gives feedback if all mails are out or not.

3. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Just received my new 4.0 license for 3 pc's......:)

4. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I've now received an email from AppGuard Support but the license key I've received is the license key I was issued for beta testing.

I'm interested to know whether other people are receiving v4.0 licenses that are different to those issued for beta testing, or are we all supposed to continue using the license keys that we were issued for beta testing which I thought were only valid for one PC?

I'm confused because I thought we were all getting new license keys with the release of v4.0, valid for 3 PCs. I've also sent a PM to Barb asking for clarification.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

@pegr;

I received a license key for the beta-testing for 1 machine and then I have just received a new, different one for the official release, valid for 3 machines.

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Thanks for confirming that Blackcat - I thought that was probably the case. Although the beta license key still works, I'm not sure whether it has been upgraded to cover 3 PCs. I only currently have one PC but I will need to arrange to try and install AppGuard on a second PC to see if the beta license key will allow it.

Hopefully Barb will be able to clarify the situation.

7. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

I too have the same key as for beta testing. Glad you seen it,Barb will have to fill us in....:)

8. SLE

SLE Registered Member

No the key given to the first beta testers is only valid for one pc. Tried on my second one - error (already in use). No mail until now.

9. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I installed 4.0.17.0 over top of 4.0.8.1, and the upgrade went well. It appears to have preserved all my custom settings. I'm not sure if the issue with Opera not being added to the guarded apps list was fixed for me since I already had Opera added to the guarded apps list before the installation. I installed 4.0.17.0 over top of 4.0.8.1. while in trial mode. Now I get the following message shown in the screen shot below each time I reboot. It goes away once I choose to run AG in trial mode each time, and does not appear to affect any of AG's functionality.

Attached Files:

• AG1.jpg
      AG1.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Cutting_Edgetech

Well, it appears it did not save all my custom settings. It reset the suspension timeout value back to the default 10 minutes which is no big deal. I'm assuming it's because of the changes that were made to fix bugs that were discovered in this feature. I have not tested to see if the bug I experienced with the suspension timeout feature has been fixed yet. I will report back later.

11. Cutting_Edgetech

I see the user now receives a warning when changing the suspension timeout value while in install mode informing them that AG will resume the previous protection level. I think this is better than just having AG resume the previous protection level without warning the user, but it still can place the user in a jam if the user needs to allow more time for an installation to complete. If I untick automatically resume previous level after 10 minutes will AG still resume protection in 10 minutes? I will just go ahead, and test this for myself.

Edited: Disregard, unticking the suspension timeout feature disables it allowing an installation enough time to complete so one does not have to change the timeout value during an installation.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  12. fearlessscientist

I am a beta tester and I have a beta license for 4.0. I haven't purchased AppGuard before. Still am I supposed to get an email with new license keys ?

13. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

If you have a licence key for 4.0 beta, you can use that for the final as well.

14. fearlessscientist

15. pegr

pegr Registered Member

It appears to be okay. I've received a reply from AppGuard Support saying that I can continue to use the beta license key for the official release version, as they have increased the number of activations on the key.

16. fearlessscientist

Do you mean the beta tester license is now valid for 3 PC's ?

17. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Congratulations Barb! :thumb: :)

18. pegr

pegr Registered Member

In my case, it appears so, but I can't speak for anyone else. Some people have had new licenses issued but it may be that for beta testers, it was easier to upgrade the beta tester license. This may be something that is being handled on a case-by-case basis, rather than as a matter of general policy. I don't know.

We'll have to wait and see what Barb says.

19. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Congrats Barb_C for the new lawyer in the family. And thanks much for the free license upgrade, very apreciated.

I installed 4.0.17 over the version 3.5 and all went well and smooth. It also kept the setting without any fault. I am on 7x64 and I run it alongside AX64, Keriver Image, Sandboxie and EXE Radar Pro. No conflict that I can see. I am impressed. Simply excellent software.

Thanks again.

20. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I believe that they've all gone out. We had quite a few bounce backs, so if you haven't received your license yet, send an email to AppGuard@BlueRidge.com. Please include Name, email address used to purchase and previous license key.

21. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I will find out for sure, but I think that if you previously purchased you will be bumped up to 4 PCs (three for the previous purchase and one for participating in the beta test).

22. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Thanks for the kind words.

23. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I'm not sure how we'll handle it.

And thanks!

24. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Darn. I did make the request. I'll ask again. Yes the licensing department is very busy and the person that was handling them had an unexpected death in her family (very, very sad) on Thursday, so now her manager is taking over and doing it in addition to all of her other duties.

25. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Please send AppGuard@BlueRidge.com an email. Please include your full name, email address that you purchased AppGuard with and your previous license key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.