AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crapbag

crapbag Registered Member

Currently running v4 alongside MBAM real-time. Seems fine.

Have left out Sandboxie. Too much of a faff on for me.

The new main menu thing is a welcome addition. Makes the program a bit more welcoming.

Nice. Appreciate the free upgrade email too. :thumb:

2. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Please correct me, if I am wrong, but I thought the folder c:\sandbox is regarded as system-space, hence the read/write permissions, so that Firefox, a guarded application without write access to system-space, can write to that folder.

3. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Yiiiiiiiiii. I'd already done that....... but...... just noticed it was set on Deny i.L.o. read/write. Thanks guys. All is well.

4. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

If i uninstall AG 3.5 and then install 4.x and like 3.5 better can i uninstall 4.x and run the 3.5 installer again to get 3.5 back.

5. fearlessscientist

fearlessscientist Registered Member

Seems logical :thumb: . My bad.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Alf, don't feel bad. Did the same thing myself on one of my machines.

Pete

7. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

We have a prototype of a version that stops some of the newer attacks, but it requires a massive amount of testing to make sure that we don't mess up someone's computer. Too much for our small QA department to handle right now.

AppGuard does prevent attacks on the MBRGuard indirectly by blocking various attack vectors at the application layer, but we believe in defense in depth and the MBRGuard driver was another layer of defense in case something got through the application layer (so I do hate to see it go for now). Someone reported on the other thread that they were unable to get through AppGuard's defenses in order to get to the MBR. Maybe this is a good analogy: we're protecting the front door and the windows of the house, but we're not protecting the door to the safe that is somewhere inside the house. We hope the exterior protections will be enough for now.

We're going to offer the optional tool just so that those who still want MBRGuard (although it does not protect against some of the newer attacks) can have it. It does provide some protection, but not comprehensive.

We do think that we can defend against MBR attacks, we just haven't been able to test our solution well enough to promote it as a product.

Hope that answers the question.

8. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Nice work Pegr!

Removed most of the quote. No need to quote the whole guide Peter2150

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  9. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Actually yes, reducing installation failures (and thus reducing trouble tickets) is part of our motive.

I do think it is a very important problem, but we are a small company and we're doing our best. We hope to get wider adoption with this latest release and with that we expect that our trouble tickets will increase. In anticipation of a larger install base we're trying to do what we can to reduce the number of support tickets. Removing MBRGuard helps with that.

10. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Sounds like our web site wasn't updated yet. Thanks for reporting!

11. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I must have overlooked the link to the latest installer. Where is the link to the latest installer for AG?

12. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Only if you have the old 3.5 installer. If so, then you can.

13. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

You certainly can. Don't forget to click on my username, select 'send AaLF a PM'. Open your recent Blueridge email & copy/paste the 4.0.17 serial & password into PM, press send & you're all done. :thumb:

14. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

could someone answer - if I purchase the 3 PC license and one of my PC's is x86 and the other is x64 will the license cover both? Or do I need a separate license for each PC?

15. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

It covers both , I have a 32 bit and 64 bit here and use the same license. You can use it on 3 pc's, hope this answers your question....:D

16. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

17. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

Do you allow gifting AppGuard license to others?Is there a way exist so that i can provide different address for billing and shipping?For example,Sandboxie has that option..

18. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Nothing is actually shipped - delivered by email, so I imagine you could use a different email address when purchasing. Although the EULA states something to the effect that the software if for your personal use (which happens when you install - so the person installing the software is agreeing to the EULA - not the purchaser I guess), our license software only limits the number of activations for a given license. So I think that you are safe as long as a single license is only activated 3 times.

BTW, I shouldn't comment on legal matters (i.e. licensing) - I'm not a lawyer! BUT MY DAUGHTER IS! She just passed the Virginia bar yesterday. I'm so proud of her.

19. Livix

Livix Registered Member

Have all the v4 keys been sent now? I haven't received anything yet.

Edit: Received it now, thanks very much.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  20. karad

karad Registered Member

Thank you Barbara for your exhaustive and very,very honest answer.
    My esteem for your company grew up because of this explanation.

Others would probably have claimed TOTAL ,INDESTRUCTIBLE protection when, in reality, there's none.

Best regards

karad

21. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Me neither.

22. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Send a PM to Barb_C. She is very efficient,;) the next day I had my key.

23. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Hi Barb

If MBRGuard would be updated in the future when there are enough resources, is there any chance for an update to v3.5 to include the new MBRGuard?

Congratulations!

24. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I already did that a couple of days ago. I had a reply from Barb saying that she had requested a key and I should be receiving it by close of business yesterday, but it hadn't arrived when I left for work this morning. I realise that the licensing department may currently be very busy with the issue of v4.0 licenses, so I'll leave it for now and contact Barb again if it still hasn't arrived by Monday evening.

25. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi Pegr,

I haven't received my serial key too. Please Barbara, if you are reading this.

Best regards,

Mohamed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.