AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Well, I hope they have already started working on AG 5. There has been some great recommendations made in this thread. I hope to see some of those in the next version.

2. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

4.2 and 4.2.8.1 = same file size = same file version = same SHA = same MD5

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Yep, it's the same. I thought they were going to add javaw.exe to the default guarded apps list. I don't know why they did not.

4. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

I tried the Installer. It wants to uninstall AG. Does uninstall save settings...

5. Cutting_Edgetech

AFAIK it does. It did for me the last time I uninstalled, and upgraded. It should leave a copy of your policy file in the appdata directory. The exact path depends on your OS.

6. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Yeah, I'm running 4.2.8.1 so I updated before just...didn't remember. I though maybe 4.2 Installer saw 4.2.x.x and therefore offered uninstall.
    So, Installer will uninstall. Making room for new build. So, there's no export config ? Does Policy file include settings. If goes as designed. Install will pick up policies and settings ....
    Odd, I don't remember. Having senior moment.

7. Cutting_Edgetech

Yes, the policy file should include all your user settings as far as I can remember. It did for me the last few times I upgraded except for a bug once that caused some user settings not to be retained, but that was fixed.

8. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

There's no export tool built-in AppGuard. You can save/backup your settings by saving these two files:
    "C:\Users\MrX\AppData\Roaming\blue ridge networks\appguard\appguardpolicy.xml"
    "C:\ProgramData\Blue Ridge Networks\AppGuard\AppGuardPolicy.xml"

9. Cutting_Edgetech

I think the policy file in the programdata folder is the policy file to revert back to default settings. I just took a look at mine, and it only contains the policy for default settings. I'm not really sure if AG uses both of them to retain all user settings when upgrading. The policy file in the appdata directory seems to have all user settings in it. That would be a good question for Barb once she is not so busy.

Edited 4/30 @10:58: Just save both of them as MisterX suggested.

10. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Got em' ... Interesting ... Roaming is larger ... Thanks

11. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

12. Cutting_Edgetech

I would just like to know out of my own curiosity as to whether AG uses both policy files when upgrading to retain user settings. I would ask Barb, but she has been so busy lately.

13. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Well, I ran Setup. License and Password were not saved. Had to fill creds to activate and version is 4.2.8.1
    I was thinking version would be 4.2 as posted on BRN
    Oh well....

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  14. Cutting_Edgetech

I did not upgrade because I was already using beta 4.2.8.1. I'm not sure why license details still has to be reentered. That has been reported before. I've had to reenter my license info multiple times when just rolling back my computer to a prior image with AG already installed.

15. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Yeah, I was already 4.2.8.1 beta too...
    Wanted to see process and confirm 4.2 release was in fact 4.2.8.1 beta

16. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I autoupdated on Win 7 via the AppG GUI. No issues.

On XP it said no updates were available, so I ran the installer over the top. All my settings on XP were retained such as license info and my printer settings.

(I wasn't running the beta version already.)

17. wojtek

wojtek Registered Member

So, should we wait for the auto update (which option I prefer), or install over the top?

18. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Well on XP I just installed over the top and it retained all my settings and is working fine.

19. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

The only way I could make Sandboxie work was adding these to the Power Applications list :
    - sandboxiecrypto.exe
    - sandboxiedcomlaunch.exe
    - sandboxierpcss.exe
    - sbiesvc.exe
    - start.exe

Is that safe ?
    If I remove them from powerapps, I get warning msg from sbie, saying it doesn't work.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

20. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Remove all of them from Power Applications and do this:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/appguard-4-x-32-64-bit.355206/page-12#post-2307767
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/appguard-4-x-32-64-bit.355206/page-12#post-2307841
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/appguard-4-x-32-64-bit.355206/page-13#post-2307848

HTH

21. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

22. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

Ok, thanks a lot.

23. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

How would I go about disabling all alerts from Chrome, as I am tired of getting tons in my logs such as these:

05/12/15 01:59:29 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{4dc8b4ca-1bda-483e-b5fa-d3c12e15b62d}>.

24. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Hi can anyone help me with the license info. I bought Appguard in Aug 2012, I have the order ID, and I have the original licence ID.
    If i remember rightly, I received another email from Blueridge when Appguard upgraded to version 4 ?
    I already have Appguard installed and running on my desktop, but I have had to install a new hard drive in my laptop. Appguard is asking for ID and a password
    I cannot find the upgrade email I was sent, and I never remember having a password. Can anyone advise. I haven't visited this thread for quite some time. I am still using version 4.0.17.0 and NEVER used 4.2
    Is Barb still around, cheers

EDIT
    OK , i found the email with ID and password, now its telling me I have used my three licenses. How does this work with a new hard drive, although I have a 3 user licence , two of them are not used anymore ( new hard drive and old laptop no longer in use )
    Sorry to be a pain

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  25. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I had a similar situation a few weeks ago.

I sent an email to AppGuard@blueridge.com with the subject ''AppG licence reset request''

I gave date of purchase, license and password and had a reset within an hour..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.