AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Thank you.
    BTW are you planning to implement what CE said?

2. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

4. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Good here as well.

Barb, any comment on why I went from 3 blocks to over 3000 in 24 hours? The activity report certainly did not show that many blocks.

5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Noticed that in medium mode AP 4.2.8.1 beta blocks disk cleanup (system tools).
    02/27/15 21:37:19 Prevented process <dismhost.exe | c:\windows\system32\cleanmgr.exe> from launching from <c:\users\G1111\appdata\local\temp\d94da5ce-b570-4c4b-b799-3e6b95ad6439>.
    02/27/15 21:37:19 Prevented process <dismhost.exe | c:\windows\system32\cleanmgr.exe> from launching from <c:\users\G1111\appdata\local\temp\e467153a-8364-458d-af63-cc23af16aafe>.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Installed over the top here also. No issues so far.

7. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I'm getting this popup alert above the system tray soon after every system restart: -

AppGuard stopped <n> suspicious activities while active.

Where n is a monotonically increasing number in excess of 50000 on my system.

This appears to be the same issue that others have previously reported. It started with the 4.2.6 beta and has not been fixed in the latest 4.2.8 beta.

Other than that, everything appears to be running smoothly.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  8. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

It seems like the number will fluctuate day-to-day.

One day I saw "3", the next day became "15669" & the following day became "3" again.

9. Peter2150

I believe you can do away with that pop up. Candidly Barb, even if the number is correct, I find it an annoying non useful thing

Pete

10. pegr

pegr Registered Member

It hasn't done that on my system (so far), but thanks for confirming that it can fluctuate in this way. I've set up an ignore message rule using a wildcard so that the alert will get suppressed whatever the number.

11. digmor crusher

Fluctuating here too, was up to over 3000 a couple days ago, now its around 2600.

12. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Yes, it can be suppressed with an ignore message rule containing a wildcard. The "Don't show this message again" option in the popup alert didn't do anything when clicked though: I had to create the rule manually.

I agree it is annoying and useless, especially as the number displayed appears to be meaningless. Hopefully the developers will suppress this alert before the final release.

13. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Clicking on the ignore message also did not do anything on my machine either (Windows 7X64 Ultimate). I always get the toaster message shortly after rebooting. I started to keep track of it at first, but I was rebooting often so I didn't see the use in it. I can tell you I got it first on 2/26 @ 9:41 pm, and then again on 2/27 @2:38 am without rebooting. The duration between toaster messages was a little less than 5 hours. I didn't stay at my workstation so I'm not sure when the next one occurred. I just know I got another one shortly after rebooting again.

Edited 3/1 @ 2:54 am: The above behavior was with build 4.2.6.1. I didn't see any mention of the above behavior being addressed in the new build so I didn't upgrade. It wasn't really that annoying to me, but I don't see any reason for these toaster prompts.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  14. Peter2150

Are you sure there isn't something on the toaster itself. I seem to remember clicking on it somewhere. I no longer get them.

Pete

15. Cutting_Edgetech

The ignore message I was referring to was on the toaster itself. I clicked on it, but it didn't seem to do anything at all.

16. Peter2150

Has for me. No more toasters

17. Cutting_Edgetech

I haven't gotten a toaster prompt in a while. Maybe they have gone away. I will report back if I continue to get them.

18. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

My Activity Report has only been reporting Protection Level status.... is that good or bad.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  19. digmor crusher

Means its not blocking anything so probably good.

BTW Still getting toaster as of today.

20. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

Actually that might be bad, I recently came across an issue where AppGuard where would only show the protection status changes in the logs after setting specific paths as 'User Space' or Read/Write enabled through the folders protections. My issue seemed to be related to in *improper* use of defining RAMDisks that resided only in memory as user space where they by default are user space anyway. I had trouble recreating this in a VM (didn't work once there) but it is a constant, reproducible, issue I have encountered on my real machine. It also 'only showed protection changes' and nothing else would ever pop up, in fact I could launch unsigned, unguarded, user space apps with no AppGuard interference on lock-down despite the claims to be enabled. I had dismissed it as a fluke of my setup as after removing the offending paths from user space and the folders exception areas 'normal' protection was restored but perhaps this is what you are seeing? I was (am) using imdisk for my RAMDisks, any chance you use this or another ramdisk as well? or...How about any of the software from my sig?

As a small update, I have not received the 'toaster notice' once since the original posting date where I first commented on it after seeing it twice.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  21. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

The previous version was not reporting the correct number of blocking events. This is a cumulative number since AppGuard was originally installed. So now you should always see a number > 3000.

22. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

You will get the toaster message every 24 hours. There is a link on that toaster that if you click, you should no longer see the toaster message.

23. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I guess clicking on the link worked. Probably should give some positive feedback when you click on the link. Though I don't think that other products (such as Outlook), give any feedback when you click on something in a toaster message. Another possibility is to expose those settings on the "Alerts" page.

24. Cutting_Edgetech

Yeah, it did not give me any feedback at all when I clicked on the link. The pointer did not change when hovering it over the link. It was like clicking on a blank spot on the screen.

25. digmor crusher

Nope, was showing around 2700 blocks yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.