Appending to scanned emails.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by ice2003, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ice2003

ice2003 Registered Member

I am just wondering if there is an option i have missed for this somewhere.

ess rc1 is showing that my emails are being scanned and thats great but its not appending to the end of the emails (this email has been scanned by ess).

If this is not yet a function available for ess is it going to be implemented in the future o_O

2. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Im missing that too.It seems at present to only append to infected mail.I liked the option to append to ALL mail.
    ellison

3. ice2003

Yup something like nod32 2.7 does, I like having the security of knowing that my email has been scanned, Also because i run my business from home when ever i send out a reply to an email the client that receives it sees that the email has been scanned by a security system and that also makes them feel safer.

4. ellison64

I agree totally.I just hope that it will be in the formal release.
    ellison

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Some email worms also add a fake signature that the attachment was scanned by a famous antivirus and thus it's safe to open it :)

6. ellison64

That shouldnt be a problem in nods case as such malware would be detected...wouldnt it? ;)
    Can you confirm whether the appendage feature in nod 2.7 will be the same for 3 in the final release?.If not at least header appendages such as antivir?
    ellison

7. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

you checked the settings??

Ruben

8. ice2003

Well i had a good look but could not find anything that would do what i am asking , Thats why i asked in my first post is there something that i missed. Please if you know of a setting then share with us.

9. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Do you have the field 'Append tag message to received and read email:' set to
    'To all email' ?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  10. ice2003

Thank you Thankful thats the exact setting that i missed, Now its all good cheers for that. Sometimes its so easy to miss the thing that is staring you in the face all along.

11. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Here it shows on all emails :thumb:

Btw: The settings I use: Append tag message to received and read mail to all emai'

12. ellison64

Thanks for that.I didn't see that either.When you click the down arrow it looks like theres no other options,on first glance.This time i saw the two extra arrows,that allows that option.
    thanks again
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.