AppDefend v1.200 Alpha Public Release

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Jason_R0, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

hi Jason, I reinstalled WinXP Pro and GSS 1.2 a seems to be incompatible with Safe´n´Sec. I uninstalled safe´n´sec, but GSS still hangs at winlogon, logon screen is empty, no user to see. Must start in safe mode to uninstall GSS 1.2 a.

2. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Jason,

Any update on your time table for the next release or should keep holding our breath?

I'm feeling like i'm turning a little bit blue! :)

3. SystemJunkie

Actually (I call it) the persistent shadow rootkit (stackwalker <unknown>) killed all rules and blocked gss 1.2 a from working. Pity, for a while it could enforce the resistance by blocking 445 port and the sequence before winlogon was cool too. But Game is actually lost. Hopefully a new test version will come out soon.

4. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

Does anybody really still seriously think that we will get a new version (no beta version) in foreseeable future? After all, I am already 57 years old !!! :D

5. Hermescomputers

Optimist... You probably wont have to many hairs left by the time this thing gives birth to its next iteration... :blink:

6. Hermescomputers

Besides Vista is perfect and no one needs any xtra security!... cough..cough...:thumbd:

7. SystemJunkie

Lol, use meanwhile Comodo Pro 1 Alpha. It´s the best what you can get actually related to security.

Beside: I wonder how long Zone Alarm will need until they find a strategy against screenshot exploits.. and several keyhooks. Not to speak about fwbypasses, two days ago I could witness that zone alarm has 0 protection, I surfed with no probs, while I locked and blocked internet access with zone alarm, lol.

8. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Common, it's an Alpha version, and you only raise Jason's anxiety by posting that. :doubt:

9. Hermescomputers

Face it... Jason dropped the ball so long ago you cant even ear it bounce anymore... Besides he's more interested in creating a useless shell than working on the important things like the security tools that made him famous... Nice distraction from the reality of having difficulties coding this thing but hey... it's nowhere to be found! Any product worth it's salt has a development time table or at least some sort of a plan of action. Jason's left us hanging for how long? Now I'm beginning to count it in years... I got all his product off my computers because of the insecurity this creates...

He wont even let "us" know what's up and we are his greatest supporters... Not anymore. I have recommended his things for several years now... Yet I have no idea what is going on with any of it... it's allover the place. I don't want to discourage Jason but he needs to get us up to speed or loose some of our support.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  10. SystemJunkie

Lol, no no its not useless, it is very intelligent from him to create this shell, let him do that in peace. It´s a very good and unique project this ghostshell.

11. berng

berng Registered Member

Not for us.

We were waiting for Regdefend and Appdefend to be completed. Its a real downer to find out he's been taking time instead to play with this new toy.

And I don't want to hear he wrote this to increase productivity on AD and RD development. In January, he wrote that he's almost ready - just wait just a few weeks more.

You don't hold up a project that is almost done to start something new. This is a distraction from reality.

12. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

It may be unique and help the development, but you preaching to customers who in some cases bought reg/appdefend 1½ year ago without having seen even a release candidate yet, so even if i have a pretty idea why it is not released yet..................it does send a message that this is not really something taken particularly serious on Jason's part and that it looks from the outside that he is now playing around with a new toy/idea more interesting to him.

What makes the Ghostshell a unique & intelligent thing to do instead of finishing the suite which paying customers have been waiting for a very long time?

I'm not bashing you or even Jason, just interested your opinion :) ........because i have personally written off my Ghost security investment some time ago and are at peace with that & the conviction that it will never be released (just my personal opinion!!), that way i have a nice surprise if it does infact get released!! ;) :D

13. Optimist

This is presumably a very realistic description of the situation!

14. SystemJunkie

What is reality? Think deep. Do you think it is that what you see? Or the whole sum of your 5 or 6 senses? Always a matter of definition.

To play is a good way for progression. Without joy and fun you make heavy marches through hell while endless times.. all night long, don´t see daylight
    anymore.. and then no joy, uhh, that is a hard thing. The key is having joy while coding, giving motivation for more, shifting boundaries, breaking borders, stepping outside the matrix of your reality, coming into flow, that is divine touch, following your inner voice to the max.

I already said, Explorer.exe is one of the biggest weakpoints in windows, if replacing it with adequate bugfree material you´ll make big steps ahead.

From this point of view it is really sad, but what kind of people buy beta software?

15. Optimist

Better question: What kind of people sell beta software!

16. berng

berng Registered Member

I don't understand your reality response.

People bought Jason's beta software because it was very good software better than most initial release software from other vendors. They also bought based on Jason's "can-do" reputation from the Wilder's forum comments and feedback. It was also nice supporting a developer who had the potential to finalize what could have been a great product.

So you think systemjunkie, that whoever bought Jason's product is stupid?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  17. controler

controler Guest

I bought Appdefend way back also but have not used it for at least two years.
    I installed this new version and wow it is nothing like the old version.
    What I wonder about it the thousand pop-ups I got when rebooting. At first i just clicked the allow over and over, then I started clicking allow always LOL
    Who is ever going to go through all that to install a program besides people like us here @ Wilders? o_O
    Or did I miss somce critical point during install?
    To me the GUI seems harder to navigate then the old version.

18. berng

berng Registered Member

You didn't miss anything. There were complaints about the numerous popups which should have been resolved. Rather self-defeating. Too many, so you're really forced to ignore them.

19. SystemJunkie

This is true!

No naturally not, but their action was too rash.

As I said, the one will become famous and glorious who will be able to act and beating the matrix from within, from the inside and not trying to prevent the matrix (from the outside) with million popups where error rate will rise proportional to duration someone is installing new software.

Not Pre-Vention, "Post-Vention". I mean prevention is a good try but "postvention" would be the ultimate thing.

20. berng

berng Registered Member

In retrospect, rash is right. A learning experience. This will hurt others who try to develop.

21. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

I wouldn't write Jason off yet, obviously being late hasn't helped him and the way it was communicated could have been better
    However that doesn't mean that he has stopped developing and I am still expecting to see updates

22. Don Pelotas

Why not, we haven't even got started on the DiamondCS comparisons yet! :eek: ;)

23. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Don,
    Whilst that might be a bit of fun, Wayne did provide a good service to the security community for quite a while (via DCS) its a pity that whatever happened came to pass. Like most other people here I still don't know what is actually happening with DCS

Jason is in a different situation, he doesn't have a well established company with a lot of sales and several staff and until he releases the next (and subsequent) updates anything we might think is just speculation.

24. Don Pelotas

..............which was all it was, allthough i realize it was a bit silly to make the comment. :)

Yes, it is all speculation and i do get what you're saying "between the lines", so i will leave the speculation/discussion on this subject.

Regarding being stupid/rash about buying the Ghost security suite, i don't see it like that, i bought it to support a small vendor and because i thought it looked to have potential and i'm very much at ease regarding this whether it will be released or not because it was my decision (& no one else made it) at the time.

Lets hope it does get released and sales pick up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.