AppDefend : Question ?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Kas, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

I posted this comment on a previous thread, but with 4,143 replies and 330,000 plus readers it stands no chance of being answered. So here it is again.
    =================

APPDEFEND BY GHOST SECURITY

Reading all the posts on this facility, where many highly experienced computer geeks speak of APPDEFEND as being a really outstanding security system, I downloaded the free 32 bit version to give it a try.

All went without a hitch. APPDEFEND was installed on my machine and started to function, apparently OK.

Looking at the control panel, things were happening, figures were changing while I looked as items were being scanned and a list of registry items was displayed, some with red marks against them. I had no clue what it all meant. It was like looking at a box of loose jig-saw pieces moving around.

Very briefly ;-
    1) I felt that I had lost total control and handed over to another pilot.

2) I do have several other security packages installed, things like Spybot, Comodo IS, Spywareblaster etc. All of these have served me with distinction for a very long time. They are battle hardened veterans and no way will I dispense with their faithful services and hand over my destiny to an absolute new-boy. So, they stay.

3) When I clicked my IE icon on the desktop, NOTHING HAPPENED ! I could not logon to the Internet. Well, I thought, you cannot be more secure than that. If I cannot access the net, then neither can these awful hackers.

4) Also, I was plagued by a grotesque little panel popping up, asking me to buy an update. It threatened to be back later when I dislodged it. I have many systems installed and ALL of them have updated versions that can be purchased. None of these feel any need to pester the user with periodic nuisance panels, so why should Ghost Security do this ?

5) I uninstalled APPDEFEND instantly and erased all trace of it from my PC. Everything returned to normal and it now works perfect as before.

Would somebody kindly explain clearly why I had this experience with APPDEFEND ? An experience which I have NEVER had before with any other system I have ever downloaded ?

Many thanks
    KAS
    :argh:

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

It may be a software conflict with CIS.
    You would use one or the other, and note that APPDEFEND was never really finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.