AppDefend - Alternative?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Malcontent, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

I'm interested in AppDefend but after reading the message forum here, I see that there hasn't been any news or new beta's for a few months. Plus the network monitoring has been removed in later beta's. All this doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm holding off buying AppDefend until some news of it's future comes to light.

In the mean time, does anyone know of another program that comes close to AppDefends features? Network monitoring would be nice if it was included. I heard "ProSecurity" was close to AppDefend. But ProSecurity is now dead. The developer shut down business and now works for Comodo.

Any other suggestions for an AppDefend alternative?

Thanks.

2. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Hi,

One of them is Threatfire from Pctools.
    It has a simple network control (as far as I know outbound only) as well.
    Or Outpost Firewall with its HIPS feature.
    xtree

3. Metting

Metting Registered Member

I recommend System Safety Monitor

according to my long time use, its very powerful and also it has a network control, but i don't know how good it's network control because I am not using this control in SSM, I prefer to depend on my firewall to control network.

All other SSM controls are very efficient and powerful it has:
    Applications
    Libaries
    Drivers
    Registry
    and Network Controls.

Regards

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

5. Remouald

Remouald Registered Member

I would suggest you take a look at EQSecure, since it's FREE and very light. Though it lacks network protection it provides tight security if you use it with the Alcyon's ruleset. The File protection is nice too. However, I don't think it's actively developped.

SSM would be also a good choice...

I used AppDefend+RegDefend (the official beta) for about a year and it's a very strong HIPS. Never locked my system. I tried the newest beta but was disapointed as it was not stable on my system and I found the GUI not very clean. But you can try it maybe you will like it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.