APC UPS software malfunction

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by karad, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karad

karad Registered Member

Returnil 2010 free vers 3.1.7779
    Windows7 64 bit
    APC 1500RS ,software PowerChute v.2.1.1.

All the rest is ok,but when I come back from suspension Powerchute APC software warns communications are off and battery is on, leaving icon in systemtray perennially signed by error henceforward.
    This happens both in admin/ltd accounts.
    The problem is there's no breakout of service as the UPS is working fine as usual from AC in spite of telling me its working from batteries, as there's no audio alarm of any sort from the UPS.
    If Returnil is off,no problem at all,whether in admin or limited.
    I filed an assistance request to APC,but I think its better to ask coldmoon,too,just in case he's a got any hint for this.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi karad,
    Which version of PowerChute are you using (personal or the paid version)? I have a Windows 7 64 bit system here running the same version of PC without issue.

Have you checked the event logs to see if there are any entries related to PowerChute?

Mike

3. karad

karad Registered Member

Problem solved coldmoon, thanks for your prompt attention.
    APC told me I had to download the latest 2.2. version of PowerChute which is just made for windows7.
    Previous software I found in the diskette with the UPS purchase was 2.1 which serves Vista ,but not windows7.

I just tried one come-back from suspension with Returnil on and in my ltd account and it worked flawlessly, lets hope it keeps like this.

Usually I'd waited a couple of days before saying all is ok,but i wanted you to know asap Returnil was not involved.

thanks,

karad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.