Apache Web server - Complete guide

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Dear all,

I am tremendously pleased to annouce that I have published a part of the book I'm working on.

This part is: Apache Web server - Complete Guide.

This document is 150 pages long and explains in thorough detail how to fully setup and configure the Apache server, including basic and advanced setups, .htaccess, and the secure Web server (HTTPS).

It is a part of a book (or rather, a series of books) I'm working on, aimed at transforming Windows users and Linux newbies into powerful professionals. I have been working on the books for the last 6 months. I have already written approx. 1,000 pages, covering some 15 topics (like Web, Mail, DNS, DHCP, NIS, PAM etc).

If you've read my tutorials before, you'll know what to expect:

- Easy, simple, down-to-earth explanations
    - No step skipped
    - Lots and lots of images and examples

I sincerely believe this will be the best material on Apache you will find. Presumptious, I know, but I can't help it.

Anyhow, you're welcome to read and try. Everything is packed in a single beautiful PDF.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/apache_book_part.html

Suggestions are more than welcome.

Regards,
    Mrk

2. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Great contribution Mrk, Thanks! :)

/C.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Cheers!

Glad to hear, put a lot into this ...

Another 15 servers to come, so far ... with planned and forecast of 4-5 books and some 3,000 pages more or less, so I've got another 1-2 years before all this is complete.

Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.