Apache stops working when PE is installed

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by GmG, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GmG

GmG Guest

I was evaluating PE... but as soon as PE was installed Apache stoped working.... I could see series of these error messsages in the error log..

[warn] getsockname
    [warn] getsockname
    [warn] getsockname
    [warn] getsockname
    [warn] getsockname
    [warn] getsockname

Also, i ran "Lsp-fix".. it gave me the following result...

Under Keep I had following DLL's -- rnr20.dll, winrnr.dll, dcsws2.dll, msafd.dll, rsvpsp.dll

and Under Remove no DLL's were present...

I have installe PE on Win2k Prof...

Please help
    --GmG

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi would you mind trying to the latest version of Apache. I had no problems with Apache 2.x on Win2k SP3.. is there any specific reason why you are using 1.3? I remember reading that Apache had problems with Layered Service Problems and that was one of the things fixed, but I would have to read the massive change log to find that again. I would suggest trying the new version and seeing if that works.
    -Jason-

3. GmG

GmG Guest

Hi Jason,

Our Application uses apache 1.3x & development efforts has been completed.... so no way can we change to apache 2.0.... Could you please suggest some other alternatives... Please...

regards
    --GmG

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi GmG,
    I can't see a work around for this because I am pretty sure Apache listed this as one of its fixes after 1.3xx . Maybe you could try it on Windows XP. This does seem to me like an Apache problem since it is fixed in newer versions... why would it be fixed if there was nothing wrong :) . Apache 1.3 is a few years old now so the known bug count for it is pretty high.

-Jason-

5. januzi

januzi Guest

I have got Apache 2.x and :
    [Mon Jun 16 11:01:41 2003] [crit] (3253:cool:Socket operation on non-socket: Parent: WSADuplicateSocket failed for socket 6653240. Check the FAQ.
    [Mon Jun 16 11:01:41 2003] [crit] master_main: create child process failed. Exiting.
    hmmm ... ?

6. rojc

rojc Registered Member

Same here, Apache 1.3 stopped working, also ClearCase, FlexLM and a cygwin compiled rsync211 executable ... this was with PE 1.700 Evaluation. on Win2K Prof SP2.

Uninstalled PE and all of the above started working again.

7. GeedieZ

GeedieZ Registered Member

Hey, just to let you know that your Port Explorer has a major bug when it comes to working with Apache Http Server. I had Port Explorer installed long time ago - like six months and had forgotten at all about it when the time had come for me to install an Apache. Everything run great until i've tried to run localhost - the problem that GmG wrote about came out. Please fix this as i (as a neewbie to Apache) have searched everywhere for fix to this problem. Or at least inform people with a prompt-window before the installation that your application doesn't work well with Apache.

Oh, btw: I'm running Win XP + SP1 and have a ADSL internet (dont know if its important).

8. Thank God for this thread! I also had this problem and had been doing everything short of tairing my hair out and doing a complete reinstall of Windows (which would have been my next move). Now I've uninstalled Port Explorer and everything works!!

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    Have you read above and considered upgrading Apache to the later versions?

And with the installing of Port Explorer all protection completely closed, reboot, reboot again after install and maybe after that install Apache version 2.0 or later?
    Looked at LSPfix (just in case)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.