AOMEI Data Backuper 1.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by guest, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi Robin :)

That is odd indeed. When I have used Aomei, I never had a problem creating the winpe boot media, and it has worked fine, booted into Aomei, etc. all functions available. if I recall correctly, the program I downloaded was just the 14MB size, and when I installed, and went to create the boot media, it told me my system supported the creation of Winpe boot disc. As long as you have the Winre.wim file present, it should just work.

I have only downloaded the 14MB version as mentioned, as they have other versions that include Linux, and XP and Vista support, etc. The 14MB version is for Win 7 and higher if I am not mistaken and will create a winpe disc as long as winre.wim is in the c:\Recovery folder.

Hope you can get it to work properly. These kind of things can be frustrating for sure, especially when one follows the procedure and ends up with a non working media.

have a good weekend :)

Jim

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi Jim,

It is kind of funny, as I have four machines with Windows 8. It created the Recovery ISO on three on them without a hitch. But it refused to create on the fourth one.

It even broke AX64, which I had to uninstall and reinstall for it to work again.

Best regards,

Mohamed

Attached Files:

3. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

I just checked and I can create other Recovery ISOs on this machine but not with AOMEI Backupper.

Here is a screen shot which show everything is OK and it is going to create the Recovery ISO, but after clicking "next' it then goes back to the intro screen.

Attached Files:

4. Derson

Derson Registered Member

I created a winPE iso (Backupper 1.5) in my notebook (Win 8 x86), make a bootable usb with Rufus, and it works perfectly in my others notebooks (32 and 64 bit) :D

5. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

I made a winpe under windows 8 x64 with windows 8 ADK installed. The generated boot USB won't work on UEFI system with secure boot enabled.

6. Derson

Derson Registered Member

I don't have installed Win 8 ADK and Bakupper made the iso winpe (?), for a usb booteable in UEFI take at look Rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/

7. oliverjia

thanks for your help. I've already uninstalled AOMEI backuper. Because in the ISO in the /EFI folder I don't find a bootx64.efi file, which is required for UEFI boot. For now I stick with IFL and Macrium Reflect.

8. ssbtech

ssbtech Registered Member

Hello there,

I have AOMEI Backupper installed on my Windows 7 laptop and was able to complete the initial partition backup to a network drive. (\\server1\backups\laptop).

However, any subsequent operations such as Incremental Backup, Check Image, etc... result in a "Unable to connect to network" error.

Thanks.

9. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi ssbtech :)

I suggest you take a look here:
    http://www.backup-utility.com/help/incremental-and-differential.html

Also, you may want to contact their support if this issue continues:
    support@aomeitech.com

This is a quote from their support:
    "When you encounter a problem, there is a "log" folder in the installation directory of the program, you could make it as a ".zip" file and send to us so we can help you more efficiently."

I hope that helps in some way. :)

Jim

10. Derson

Derson Registered Member

New version, AOMEI Backupper 1.6, what`s new ?, I don`t know yet.

11. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Thank you.
    From their site

12. ejlmd

ejlmd Registered Member

I installed Aomei Backupper 1.6 on my production system Win7 x64. I have it configured for daily incremental imaging of system drive onto external eSata drive.

Unlike AX64 Time Machine, where there is a built in scheme to merge older images, Aomei seems to keep accumulating incremental backups, of which I now have about 18.

Is there some mechanism or setting that I'm missing whereby unneeded images can be automatically deleted, pruned or merged? Or is the expectation to just start from scratch from time to time with a new full backup and following incrementals, and then manually delete the older thread?

13. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

Backupper is no different than the majority of image-backup programs wrt incremental backups (yes, AX64 and perhaps a few others provide consolidation). Why not use Backupper differentials? - unlike incrementals you can simply delete any interim differential without 'breaking the chain'.

Wendi

14. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

As Wendi has noted, there are very few image backup programs (and no free ones that I'm aware of) that can consolidate their incremental images. Other than AX64 there's ShadowProtect, but that's one expensive program! Consolidation of incrementals would sure be a great Backupper enhancement - AOMEI are you listening?

JA

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  15. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

Hi Jo Ann,

I have never been a fan of incremental images. Imho restoring a backup comprised of a number of incremental files can be risky because all it takes is one corrupt incremental file to 'break the dependency chain'. And if one or more corrupted files have been consolidated into one file wouldn't the consolidated file also be corrupt?

Wendi

16. oliverjia

totally agree.
    I go even further as to say that it might be a better idea to just have a data file backup using windows explorer to backup to a different physical hard disk, instead of using any imaging program, because the chances for windows explorer to mess up your file backup is near zero. All it takes is you manually click mouse a few times at the end of the day, in return of a much higher successful rate of backup. It appears to be a better choice to me.

The imaging programs, imho, are best used for imaging an OS in case your system was corrupted and won't work properly. Further use of imaging program is an abuse of its nature.

17. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

Hi oliverjia,

I would agree that image-backup programs are at their best backing up the system drive/partition (and Backupper gets that job done very well). While one can use Backupper or simply copy personal files onto an external drive, I prefer the convenience and security of backing-up those files to the cloud.

Wendi

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  18. oliverjia

Yes good thought regarding the cloud storage. Yes it is much safety to back up to cloud than physical hard drive.

19. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I don't understand this reliance on 'the cloud'...after all it is just another disk somewhere...that is not physically accessible to you/looked after by somebody else. :blink:

20. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i will never at least at this point back up to anyones "cloud" i will not have anyone in control of my data this is the reason i have multiple backups and a offsite over network backup at home for my office and the the office for the house.

21. Darkiq

Darkiq Registered Member

So far I love this software, does anyone know if it supports email notifications?

22. MacsGenius

MacsGenius Registered Member

no, AFIK, not supported yet.

23. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I am looking for a secondary imaging app to supplement my present imaging app.(Macrium Reflect).

This appears to be a prime candidate.Is this program quite stable and good to use at this present time.

Also is the WAIK absolutely necessary for this to work.?

Thanks.

24. Derson

Derson Registered Member

No in Windows 8, in Win 7 for make a Winpe I don't know, but there is a boot Linux based if you don't want to download WAIK file.

25. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

It is my primary backup solution for months now.Never failed me yet after dozens of backups and restores.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.