AOL webmail / Multiple Recipients / Only Individual Recipient's Address in 'To' Field

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by philby, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philby

philby Registered Member

Hello

My mother-in-law (!) wants to know how to do this (see title).

I use Outlook and can do it through 'mail merge' but I'm damned if I can find a way to do it via the AOL web interface (she is allergic to mail clients).

Is there a magic fix here?

I've tried variations on distribution lists / BCC, but to no avail.

She just wants c.20 recipients to get the same message but see only their name in the 'To' field.

Thanks in advance

philby

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

I just tried this out, and using Bcc I sent a mail to two addresses. What shows in the "To" part is "undisclosed-recipients:". Not exactly what your mother-in-law is looking for, but it's still better than an email with tons of addresses in it.

3. philby

philby Registered Member

Hi Johnny

I've done the same - but the 'To' field apparently has to show each specific recipient's address exclusively, so 'Undisclosed Recipients' won't fly for the mother-in-law.

As far as I can see, without Outlook or TB + the 'MailMerge' add-on, or Open Office, it can't be done - or at least not via AOL mail alone, which is all she will touch...

Cheers

philby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.