AOL AVS Real Time Spyware Protection vs Others

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by duke1959, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I just asked in the Kaspersky Forum how good the Kaspersky Spyware Protection
    was, and someone said it detects spyware, but it's still good to use a stand alone program to remove spyware registry items. So my question now is, how good is AVS's Real Time Spyware Protection which is Kaspersky, compared to Spyware Terminator or Windows Defender? Both are also Freeware, and I was going to use ST with Antivir for AS and AV protection, but if someone thinks that the Real Time Protection offered by AVS is adequate than I'll finally be satisfied. Also using Comodo Firewall which of course in itself is very good protection too. Thanks ahead of time, and I will appreciate anyones opinion on this.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It probably detects as much or more that most AS products but a dedicated AS can handle cleaning spyware better than an av product

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

It's a Kaspersky program?
    Haven't seen any mention of it anywhere.
    Don't know how good it is.

I agree with Bigc,a dedicated a/s program is probably going to clean spyware better than an a/v.
    If it was based on a known program a person could get an idea of what it's capabilities are.

4. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hey the Tester. I was asking how the spyware protection in AOL Active Virus Shield which I'm told is the same as what KAV 6.0 uses, stacks up against other AS Programs. I was thinking of using Antivir PE and Spyware Terminator if a lot of people didn't think the Spyware Protection was any good in AVS. Apparently though, it isn't so bad according to some people in other threads here, and different Forums. I may just stay with AVS since I really like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.