AOL anti virus...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Matt_Smi, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I am sure most of you have seen the commercials for the anti virus AOL is now offering to their members. Do these commercials make anyone else a bit mad? They state that many people don’t realize how vulnerable their computer is to viruses, but even if you have this AOL AV you are still vulnerable. Yet the average AOL customer will see the commercial, get the AV and feel like they are fully protected when they are far from it. It just makes me a bit mad how they advertise it on their commercials. Anyone else have any opinions?

2. webmedic

webmedic Registered Member

just curious how much info you can get into here a
    well the av backend they are using is mcacffee which as you know is pretty good. only one better with deffinitions is kav and not by that much. and no matter how you look at it it's better than having norton installed. So really they could have done way worse with an av scanner to use.

3. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I was actually not aware that they were using McAfee, that is good and a step in the right direction. I just did not like how the commercial put things, for example someone says, “my computer is only half protected, but I live for danger” or something like that. But even with any virus scanner you are still only half protected.

4. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

I am am an AOL user at the moment althoyugh i may be quiting with them on friday. They did the same thing with there anti spyware software. They say spyware can slow down your pc and disconect you from our srvice. Yet they did not bother to tell cusomers who were not aware of spyware and its threats its real dangers like diallers etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.